GURU GOBIND SINGH INDRAPRASTHA UNIVERSITY
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
(A DIVISION OF NIS SPARTA LTD)
ANNOUNCES ADMISSIONS TO 2ND BATCH OF CERTIFICATE COURSE IN RETAIL
1. Programme Objectives: The course is aimed at acquainting participants with the basics of retail store operations and developing practical retail selling skills.
2. Eligibility: Graduation in any stream; Merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of marks in qualifying examination.
3. No. of Seats : 50
4. Duration of Course: Three Months
5. Timing: Weekends (12 Saturdays + 3 Sundays)
6. Course Fee: Rs.7000/-
7. Course Structure: The course comprises the following modules:
Module-I: Basics of Retailing (42 hours)
· Introduction to Retail Management
· Retail Marketing Strategy and Marketing Mix
· Basics of Merchandise Management
· Basics of Store Operations
· Store Design and Atmospherics
· Retail Communication and Promotions
· Customer Relationship Management
Module-II: Retail Selling Skills (48 hours)
· Personal Selling Skills
· Customer Service
· Communication Skills
· Personality Development and Grooming
· Interpersonal Skills and Team-Building
· Self-Motivation and Positive Attitude
· Supervisory Skills
· Interview Skills
Module III: Project Work (16 hours)
The student will have to undertake a project in the area of retailing. A project report for the same will need to be submitted at the end of the course as per the date notified.
8. Admission Forms:
The Application form for admission can be obtained from the office of the University School of Management Studies, GGSIPU, or downloaded from the University website. The duly filled application form will need to be submitted along with a demand draft/cheque of Rs.100/- in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, payable at Delhi. The duly filled admission form along with enclosures must reach the University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Kashmere Gate, Delhi, 110403 on or before January 9, 2009.
9. Schedule for Admissions:
1. Date from which admission forms available on University website and USMS office: December 1, 2008
2. Last date of submission of application forms: January 9, 2009
3. Announcement of merit list of admissions: January 12, 2009
4. Date for admission counselling: January 15, 2009
5. Date of commencement of course: January 17, 2008
10. LIST OF ENCLOSURES WITH THE APPLICATION FORM
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form.
1. Attested copy of degree certificate and marks-sheet of the qualifying examination clearly showing the marks obtained by the candidate in the degree.
2. Self attested Photograph.
3. A demand draft/cheque of Rs. 100/- in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, payable at Delhi
Note: The applicants are advised to retain a photocopy of the duly filled- in Application Form before the same is submitted to the University.
11. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION AT THE TIME OF COUNSELING
At the time of admission the full fees of the course is to be paid in the form of demand draft only.
1. Bank Draft of requisite fee for the course in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University payable at Delhi. Write the name of the candidate, name of the programme on the back of Bank Draft(s).
2. Degree certificate and marks-sheet of the qualifying examination
1. The Original Certificates will be returned to the candidates after verification.
2. In case any of the above document(s) is/are in any language other than Hindi / English, then authentic translation in English / Hindi shall have to be produced duly verified by the issuing institution/gazetted officer/(original and photocopy) by the candidate at the time of Counselling/Admission.
The counseling schedule has been given in the admission notice and no separate intimation will be sent to the candidates in this regard. All the admissions will be made through the counselling to be conducted by the University.
Procedure For Admission Through Counseling
(i) The candidates should report at the notified venue, time for ounseling/admission in-person along with the required documents. On reaching the venue, the candidates must mark the Attendance. Allotment of seats to the candidates will be made only when he/she attends the counseling session in person.
(ii) Firstly, the candidates will be called in order of merit/rank and shall have to produce the required documents for verification. Depending upon the merit, the seats will be offered to the candidates as per availability at that point of time.
(iii) Admission Officer will give a duly signed Admission Slip after the deposition of the full fee by the candidate.
(iv) The candidates are also advised, in their own interest to check the details of fee, their name, programme, etc. on Admission Slip issued to him/her by the Admission Officer before leaving the counseling hall.
(v) Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis (Rank wise) and counseling/admissions will stop when all the seats get filled- up.
(vi) A candidate who is allotted a seat will be required to pay full fee immediately on the spot at the time of counseling/admission. If a candidate fails to pay the fee, as mentioned above immediately after the seat is offered to him/her, the offer will be withdrawn on the spot and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the merit list. Part payment or payment through cash/cheque will not be accepted under any circumstances.
For further information please contact:
University School of Management Studies
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Kashmere Gate, Delhi-110403
Phone: 23900254, 23900255, 23900264