Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547
IIST Post Doctoral Fellowship - July 2011
Applications have been invited by Indian Institute of Space Science, Trivandrum from highly motivated candidates for admission to the Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Programme starting in July 2011 in the areas of Avionics, Physics, Chemistry and Earth & Space Sciences.
Eligibility: Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D in the relevant area and first class or equivalent in the Master’s Degree. Candidates who were awarded Ph.D before 01.07.2006 are not eligible to apply.
Age Limit: 32 years as on 30th June 2011. Age relaxation applicable as per Govt. of India Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen.
1. IIST-PDF Fellowship will be Rs. 40,000/- pm (all inclusive).
2. PDF Scholars will be required to assist the department in research and laboratory related activity.
3. The Fellows are encourages to publish their research findings in reputed journals jointly with collaborating faculty, following established practices of paper authorship and publications. At the end of the tenure the fellow will make a comprehensive monograph of the total research activity undertaken under the PDF programme.
4. During the tenure at IIST, the Post Doctoral Fellow will be governed by the leave and other administrative norms applicable to full time research scholars of IIST.
1. Applications in the prescribed format will be received until 30th June 2011.
2. Applicants are required to send CV in the specific format and also submit a research proposal with in the frame work of the area advertised for the PDF. The research proposal should be of 3 to 5 pages and should contain the following information.
a) brief statement of the problem,b) aim of the research project, c) review of relevant ,literature, d) preparatory work of the candidate,e) brief outline of the methodology and steps in the execution of the project, f) relevant bibliography
How to apply:
1. Application form can be downloaded from IIST website www.iist.ac.in
2. Duly filled application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to The Administrative Officer, IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram – 695547 with the superscription “Application for IIST PDF Programme”.
3. Last date for receipt of application form: 30th June 2011.
For details, visit www.iist.ac.in