PGDM ADMISSIONS 2010-2012
ANNOUNCES ADMISSION TO
1. Two Year Full-Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management 2010-2012 (Approved and Accredited by AICTE)
2. Two Year Full-Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Finance 2010-2012 (Approved by AICTE)
The Institute is a centre of excellence for value based "Management" and "Information Technology" education. Core faculty of the institute with varied experience in industry and Academics is augmented by Visiting Faculty from Industry, benchmarked National and International B-Schools. Being consistenty ranked among the top 20 B-School Surveyys, the Institute has academic collaboration with reputed B-Schools abroad.
1. PGDM: The programme consists of six trimesters offering specialisation in Finance, Marketing, HRM, Operations, Systems, Information Technology, International Business, Management of Services and Entrepreneurship and small business.
2. PGDM - Finance: This is a unique programme designed and developed keeping in view the need of financial expertise in national/ international financial sector. The programme consists of six trimesters offering specialisation in Treasury Management, Investment management, Risk management and strategic accounting and control.
Atleast a three year bachelors degree with minimum 50% marks or equivalant in any discipline recognsed by AICTE. Students appearing to the final year of degree examination in 2010 can also apply. for more details refer CAT advertisement of 30-08-2009 in leading newspapers.
* Candidates seeking admission to LBSIM are required to appear in the Common Admission Test (CAT) to be conducted by IIMs.
* Candidates are also required to register at LBSIM, Delhi through application form available with Admission Coordinator, LBSIM, Delhi from 10.09.2009 to 27.11.2009 on all working days from 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM on payment of Rs.1600/- in cash or DD in favour of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management payable at New Delhi (Add Rs.75/- for getting the form by post in India and Rs.200/- abroad).
* The forms are also available at selected branches of AXIS Bank & IMS Learning Resources.
* Application form can also be downloaded from the Institute's website http://www.lbsim.ac.in/ & submitted alongwith a DD for Rs.1675/- (Rs.1800/- abroad) in favour of Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, payable at New Delhi.
* Candidates shorlisted on the basis of CAT scores will be called for group discussion and personal interview at Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
* the Institute uses CAT scores for short-listing the candidates.
* IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
The placement cell maintains close laision with potential employers. The entire batch of 2007-2008 studetns has been placed in reputed Indian and foreign companies. Ful details are available in the information brochure.
Separate Hostel is available for both boys and girls. LBSIM also facilitates education loans from Banks.
Issue of LBSIM application form starts: 10-09-2009 and ends 27-11-2009
Last date for submission completed LBSIM Application Form: 27-11-2009
Dates of common admission test (CAT): 28-11-2009 to 07-12-2009
APPPLY TO :
Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
Shastri Sadan, Shri Venkateshwara Mandir Marg, Sector-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110022 - Phone: 26191081, 26172407, 26161283, Fax: 91-11-26191080,
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA of any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing senior secondary, schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Candidates appearing for the final bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination can also apply. Such candidates must produce a certificate from the Principal/Head of Department/Registrar/Director of the University/Institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 30, 2010 (from the Principal / Registrar of their college/institute issued on or before June 30, 2010) stating that they have completed all the requirements (the results may, however, be awaited) for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marks sheet and a certificate of having passed the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by the Principal /Registrar, with at least 50% marks. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet and the certificate is December 31, 2010. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
For details on eligibility criteria, please refer IIM CAT announcement of 30th August 2009, published in major national dailies.
Number of Seats : 120 (General) 60 (Finance)
STEP-1 Admission Test
All candidates seeking admission to LBSIM are required to appear in the Common Admission Test (CAT) to be conducted by IIMs on 28-December 07, 2009. Details for obtaining the CAT bulletin can be taken from the CAT advertisement issued by IIMs on August 30, 2009 in all leading national newspapers and at IIMK website http://www.iima.ac.in
STEP-2 Registration at LBSIM
Besides CAT, candidates are required to register at LBSIM, Delhi through a separate Application Form which will be available along with Information Brochure from September 10, 2009 to Nov. 27, 2009 from Admission Coordinator, LBSIM, Delhi.
STEP-3 GD and Interview at LBSIM
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT score will be called for Group Discussion(GD), Extempore and Personal Interview(PI) for final selection at the following places
The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT score and 40% for Group Discussion, Extempore,work experience, academic performance and Personal Interview. Selected candidates will be intimated by Registered Post / Courier / Ordinary Post. No regret letters will be sent to those who are not selected. The Institute does not take any responsibility for postal delays and / or loss in transit.
The likely dates for GD/Personal Interview: mid February 2010. Announcement of final results and release of admission list: end February 2010. Last date for acceptance by candidate: end april, 2010 and Closing of admission: end April, 2010.
Information Brochure and Application FormThe Information Brochure and Application Form for the programme giving detailed information will be available from September 10, 2009 to November 27, 2009 from the Admission Coordinator, LBS Institute of Management, Shastri Sadan, Shri Venkateshwara Mandir Marg, Sector-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110022 on all working days except second Saturdays, Sundays and holidays between 9.30 am to 8 pm on payment of Rs.1600/- in cash or by Demand Draft (Add Rs. 75/- for sending information brochure by post in India and Rs. 200/- for abroad) drawn in favour of 'LBS Institute of Management ' payable at New Delhi. .
Application Form can also be downloaded from our website: www.lbsim.ac.in. Such downloaded application forms must be submitted along with a DD of Rs. 1675/- (Rs. 1800/- for candidates residing abroad) in favour of ‘LBS Institute of Management’ payable at New Delhi towards information brochure, postage and processing.
1. Sale of CAT Vouchers Start October 1, 2009 (Thursday)
2. Sale of CAT Vouchers Ends October 1, 2009 (Thursday)
3. Closing Time and Date of CAT Registration 2009, November 28,2009 to Dec. 07, 2009
4. Common Admission Test (CAT) window September 10, 2009
5. Issue of LBSIM Application Form Starts November 27, 2009 (Friday)
6. Issue of LBSIM Application Form Ends November 27, 2009 (Friday)
7. Last date of receipt of completed Application Form at LBSIM August 31, 2009 (Monday)
PROGRAMME COMMENCES ON JUNE 14, 2010
Orientation Programme: June 14-18, 2010
Completed Application Form to be sent to:
LBS Institute of Management
Shastri Sadan, Sri Venkateshwara Mandir Marg
Sector- III, R.K.Puram, New Delhi-110 022
* The information brochure and the application forms are sent by post/courier to the applicants. LBSIM will not be responsible for any postal delay and / or loss in transit. All matters of dispute will be subject to the legal jurisdiction of Delhi Courts.
* The Institute reserves the right to change any information and regulations pertaining to the academic calendar, curricula and evaluation as described in the information brochure, at any time without prior notice, if it deems necessary in the interest of the students, the Institute or the profession