FOR M.B.A., M.C.A., & M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. DEGREE PROGRAMMES
ANNA UNIVERSITY CHENNAI, CHENNAI 600 025
Advertisement No.255/ EA1 /TANCET/2010
Applications are invited for the TANCET 2010 to be conducted by Anna University Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 29th & 30th May 2010, from candidates who seek admission to 1. M.B.A., 2. M.C.A., and 3. M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu for the year 2010-2011 offered at University Departments of Anna University Chennai, Anna University Coimbatore, Anna University Trichy, Anna University Tirunelveli, Govt. Engineering, Arts and Science Colleges, Govt. Aided Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges, and Govt. Quota seats in self-financing Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges / stand alone Institutions. Some Universities and Self–Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of TANCET 2010.
Other State candidates can appear for the entrance test but, admission is subject to the eligibility conditions of the admitting authority / University.
1. MBA: A pass in any recognised Bachelor's degree with 10 + 2 + 3 or 4 years or a pass in any degree with 10 + 3 years diploma + 3 years pattern.
2. MCA: a) A pass in any recognised Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration (10 + 2 + 3 / 4 years pattern) in any discipline with core Mathematics (or) Business Mathematics at +2 level or A pass in any recognised Bachelor's degree with 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern with Mathematics at Diploma level or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the degree level or A pass in any recognised Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration (10 + 2 + 3 pattern) in any discipline with Mathematics or Statistics as any one of the subjects.
3. M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan.: Details of the common eligibility criteria are available in the "Information & Instructions Booklet" for TANCET 2010 to be issued during Spot Registration and also in the website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2010.
Application Form is common for all the three entrance tests. Candidates have to submit only one application. The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate) as entrance test fee for any one of the Programmes either (1) M.B.A. or (2) M.C.A. or (3) M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./ M.Plan.
If a candidate desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he / she has to pay Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu).
REGISTRATION FOR THE ENTRANCE TEST
(1) SPOT REGISTRATION: Hall Tickets will be issued to the candidates who come in person to the following Co-ordinating Centres with a copy of 10th Std. mark sheet and 12th Std. mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate) and cash or Demand Draft (A single DD is sufficient for one or more programme) for the required amount towards Entrance Test fee.
1. Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai, 2. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 3. Annamalai University, Chidambaram, 4. PSNA College of Engg. & Technology, Dindigul, 5. Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode, 6. Alagappa College of Engg. & Technology, Karaikudi, 7.Thiagarajar College of Engg., Madurai, 8. Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil, 9. Govt. College of Engg., Salem, 10. Kunthavai Naachiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women, Thanjavur, 11. Govt. College of Engg., Tirunelveli, 12. Anna University Trichy, Trichy, 13. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore, 14. University College of Engg., Villupuram, 15. Kamaraj College of Engg., Virudhunagar.
(2) REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET: The candidates can also register through internet y logging on to
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University Chennai, payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalised bank on or after 29.03.2010.
10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
i) Commencement of Spot Registration / Registration through Internet 01.04.2010
ii) Last date for Spot Registration at Co-ordinating Centres (other than Anna University Chennai, Chennai 25 / Registration through Internet) 20.04.2010
iii) Last date for Spot Registration and receipt of application (Registered through Internet) at Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 25 26.04.2010
Note: Spot Registration can be made at all the Centres on all the days as above between 9.30 am. and 5.30 pm. except on Sundays and Public Holidays
The completed application (registered through Internet) should reach The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 600 025 on or before 26.04.2010, by 5.30 p.m. The Applications received after the due date and time will not be considered at any cost.
For details visit the Anna University Chennai website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2010
Telephone Numbers for enquiry at the Co-ordinating Centres: