University of Madras
Admission Notification 2011-2012
Applications have been invited by Madras University for admission to Correspondence Proessional Courses for the Academic Year 2011-12.
M.B.A. - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
1. M.B.A. - Marketing Management
2. M.B.A. - Financial Management
3. M.B.A. - Systems Management
4. M.B.A. - Human Resource Management
5. M.B.A. - Operations Management
6. M.B.A. - International Business Management
7. M.B.A. - Travel and Tourism Management
8. M.B.A. - Educational Management
9. M.B.A. - Hospital Management
10. M.B.A. - Apparel Management
11. M.B.A. - Export Import Management
12. M.B.A. - Logistics and Supply Chain Management
13. M.B.A. - Shipping and Port Management
M.C.A. - MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
M.Sc. - MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (I.T.)
(A) M.B.A. - EXECUTIVE
A graduate in any discipline of recognized university / deemed university with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in managerial / supervisory / executive cadre in business / industry in private or public sector or in government / semi government / quasi government institutions.
(B) M.B.A. - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Candidates for admission to the first year of the Master of Business Administration Degree Course in the Institute of Distance Education shall be required to have any one of the following qualifications :
1. A pass in any branch of study of a Bachelor Degree/Master Degree of the University of Madras or any other University recognised by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
2. A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law.
3. Professional qualification in Accountancy, Cost & Works Accountancy, Company Secretaryship.
(C) INTEGRATED M.B.A. (FIVE YEARS)
(1) The Pre-University Examination conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other university accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
(2) The Higher Secondary Examination [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu [or] other States [or] Union Territories [or] an Examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
(3) There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the examination in which the candidate has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Examination (+2) or any other equilavent Examination as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.
(4) The Senior School Certificate Examination [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which English shall be one.
(5) The Indian School Certificate Examination [12 Years] conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination held in 1977 or thereafter, provided that they have been declared to have attained the pass standard in the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which English shall be one.
(6) Those who have passed the Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
(7) Pre-Technical Examination previously conducted after 11 years of study by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai.
(8) Intermediate Examination [2 years] of Andhra Pradesh, Pre-Degree Examination [2 Years] of Kerala and Pre-University Examination [2 Years] of Karnataka under the 10+2 pattern.
(9) Candidates who have successfully completed 12 or 13 years of education in any State in India or Abroad under 11+1 or 10+2 or 11+2 pattern, subject to approval by the authorities of this University.
(10) Candidates who have successfully completed the Second Year Foundation Course of the Open University System of the Madurai-Kamaraj and Annamalai Universities.
(11) Candidates who have successfully passed the Three Year Diploma Examinations conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Chennai after passing 10th Standard Examination.
(12) Candidates who have passed the G.C.E. [Advanced Level / Principal Level] with not less than 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level with ENGLISH in the ‘O’ Level / SUBSIDIARY Level.
(D) M.C.A. - MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Candidates who have passed the Degree Examinations of the University of Madras mentioned below or an examination of any other University recognised by UGC/AIU and accepted by this University as equivalent thereto provided they have undergone the course under 10 + 2 + 3 or 11 + 1 + 3 or 11 + 2 + 2 pattern only.
1) B.C.A./B.Com. Computer Applications/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Mathematics /Statistics /Physics / Applied Science / B.E.S. (or)
2) B.A. (Economics)/B.B.A./B.L.M./B.Com. (Commerce)/B.B.M. or B.Com. (Business Management)/B.A. or B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship)/any other Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics/Statistics or Business Mathematics/Business Statistics in Main/Allied level (or)
3) B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as Allied Subjects (or)
4) M.B.A./B.E./B.Tech. (or)
5) A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects at the Higher Secondary level (i.e. in + 2 level of the 10 + 2 pattern).
(E) M.Sc. (I.T.) - MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Candidates with B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science or B.C.A. (or) B.Com. Computer Applications (or) any Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics, Statistics, (or) Business Mathematics (or) Business Statistics as Main (or) Allied Subject of the University of Madras (or) any other University recognised by UGC/AIU and accepted by this University as equivalent thereto.
Application forms can be downloaded from the link: https://www.ideunom.ac.in/downloads/App_Prof.pdf
The Application must be accompanied by All the Original Certificates as stated in the Prospectus and the Registration Fee.
Registration Fee for M.B.A. - Executive Course : Rs.1,000/-
M.B.A., Integrated M.B.A. (5 years) M.C.A., M.Sc.(I.T.) Courses : Rs.400/-
Spot Admission will be made for those who come to the Single Window Admission Centre at IDE Campus / Spot Admission Centres / Study Centres in person along with the required original documents / certificates, in addition to a fee paid challan endorsed by the Designated Banks, State Bank of India / Indian Bank or a demand draft in favour of “The Director, IDE, University of Madras”, payable at Chennai for Rs.100/- towards Registration Fee.
Candidates from other states should submit their applications at any one of the Study Centres of the Institute of Distance Education (IDE), University of Madras, of the State concerned for admission to various courses offered by IDE.
Last date for submission of completed applications is 30.09.2011
For details, logon to the link: https://www.ideunom.ac.in/downloads/Prospect_Prof.pdf