BHOPAL, KOLKATA, MOHALI, PUNE, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
Autonomous institutions under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt, of India
ADMISSION NOTICE: BS-MS DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMME - 2012
Applications are invited for admission to the 5-Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme for the academic session starting 2012
IISERs are devoted to world class education and research at the BS-MS and Ph. D. levels in sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, and interdisciplinary areas. These Institutes have highly qualified faculty devoted to excellence in research and teaching. The Institutes are designed to have sprawling green campuses with state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities, modern residential, sports and recreational amenities.
The BS-MS Programme
• The dual degree BS-MS is an integrated five-year course after 12th standard.
• The first two years will have core courses in basic sciences.
• Third and fourth years will be dedicated to specialization in chosen science subject.
• Fifth year will be devoted to a research project.
• The students are trained to join R&D institutes, academia and science-based industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, electronics, materials and polymer industries, etc.
Candidates satisfying at least one of the following three criteria may apply:
a KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) Science stream: Students qualified in SA(2010)/ SX(2011)/ SB(2011 )/SP(Passed 10+2 in 2011 /2012).
b IIT-JEE 2012: Students obtaining a minimum of 60% marks in classXII and securing a place in the rank list.
c Central & State Boards: Students qualifying in Class XII in 2011 or 2012 in Science Stream with either
1) Marks above the cut-off percentage declared on the DST website for the INSPIRE eligibility in http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/lnspire-Advertisement.pdf. For OBC (non-creamy layer) a 5% relaxation on DST cut-off is admissible. The cut-off for SC/ST is 60% in class XII for all boards in 2012.
2) Advisory note forthe eligibility in scholarship for higher education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme. All the students appearing through this stream must qualify the USER Aptitude Test.
All students are eligible fora monthly scholarship of Rs. 5000/- awarded by INSPIRE/KVPYscheme as per DST norms, subject to continued good academic performance.
How to apply
Applications for admission are to be submitted online at www.iiser-admissions.in . Please follow the instructions for filling up the application form and other relevant details given in the website. There will be a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST).
Receiving online applications
KVPY 2nd April- 5th May 2012
IIT-JEE 7th June - 21st June 2012
Central & State Boards 15th June - 9th July 2012
Counseling / Aptitude Test
KVPY 30th June 2012
IIT-JEE 30th June 2012
Central & State Boards 14th July 2012
Last date for receiving admission fees
KVPY 11th July 2012
IIT-JEE 11th July 2012
Central & State Boards 23rd July 2012
All enquiries to be directed to Chairman, Joint Admission Committee.