Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)
BEd Admissions 2010-2012
B.Ed Written Admission Test - 2010 (WAT - 2010)
BEd Programme: One Year, Full Time, NCTE recognized
1. Army Institute of Education (AIE): (address): Kandhar Lines, Ring Road Delhi Cantt, New Delhi-110010. Tele/Fax: 011-25683535, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.aie.ac.in. No of Seats: 100. Affiliated to GGS Indraprastha University, Delhi.
Qualification: Graduate (except Commerce) with minimum 45% aggregate marks. Age: Below 35 years as on 01 Aug 2010.
2. Army Centre Of Education (ACE): (address). C/o AEC Trg College and Centre, Pachmarhi, (MP) - 61881. Tele/Fax: 07578-252206/252239, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.acepachmarhi.ac.in No of Seats: 60. Only for female candidates. Affiliated to Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
Qualification: Graduate with minimum 45% aggregate marks. Age: There is no age limit for admission to BEd
3. Army Institute of Higher Education (AIHE): (address): Nalwa Bridge, Vill-Dheera, Jammu-Jalandhar Bye-Pass Road, Pathankot, (Punjab)-145001. Tele/Fax: 0186-2240328/2240439. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.aihepathankot.org No. of Seats: 100. Affiliated to GNDU, Amritsar.
Qualification: Graduate with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Age: There is no upper age limit. Date of Combined WAT: for AIE, ACE and AIHE: 18 Apr 2010. Cost of Prospectus: Rs 450/- by regd post and Rs 400/- by hand. Note: Candidates to apply to each institution separately (AIE, ACE, AIHE) if desirous to be considered for more than one institution. Army wives/war widows also eligible.
4. Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS): Conducts five years BDS degree course and three years MDS Course. Affiliated to Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. Approved by DCI and Min of Health, (address): ACDS Nagar, (Chennapur CRPF Road), Jai Jawahar Nagar Post, Secunderabad, (AP)-500087. Tele/Fax: 040- 20080243, 20081759. E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.armycods.in No of Seats: BDS-40 (6 for EAMCET), MDS (Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry and Periodontia) - 02 each (Dept) Qualification for MDS: - BDS Must have a permanent Registration with any State Dental Council. PG WAT for MDS - 20 Mar 2010 at Delhi and Secunderabad only. Cost of Prospectus: Rs 700/- by regd post, Rs 650/- by hand (each for BDS and MDS). Qualification* BSc Nursing Programme: Four years BSc Nursing Degree. INC approved. Only female candidates eligible.-
5. Army College Of Nursing (ACN): Affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot (address): C/o Military Hospital, Jalandhar Cantt. Nalwa Road, Jalandhar-144005. Tele/Fax: 181- 2266167 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.acn.co.in No. of Seats: 50 Qualification*
6. Army Institute Of Nursing (AIN). GUWAHATI: Affiliated to Gauhati University, Guwahati (address): C/o 151, Base Hospital C/O 99 APO. Tele/Fax: 0361-2307101. E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.ainguwahati.org No. of Seats: 40. Limited seats for NE States civilians selected through Common Written Admission Test (WAT). Qualification* "Qualification. 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% aggregate marks and 45% aggregate marks for ACN only. Age: between 17-25 yrs. as on 31 Dec 2010. Date of Combined WAT: for ACDS, ACN and AIN: 24 Apr 2010. Cost of Prospectus for ACN and AIN: Rs 500/- by regd post and Rs 450/- by hand through DD. Note: Candidates to apply to each institution (ACDS, ACN and AIN) separately if desirous to be considered for more than one institution.
7. Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (AIHM and CT): Conducts four years BHM degree course. Affiliated to Bangalore University. AICTE approved, (address): Nagareshwara Naganahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore-560077. Tele: 080-64525864, 64525865, 64543206, 64543207, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.aihmctbangalore.com No of Seats: 60
10+2 with English as compulsory subject. Age: Below 22 years as on 01 Jul 2010. Date of WAT: 22 Apr 2010. Cost of Prospectus. Rs 550/- by Regd. Post and Rs. 500/- by hand.
8. Army Institute of Technology (AIT): Conducts four years degree course in Mechanical, Electronics & Tele Communication, Computer Engineering and Information Technology. Affiliated to University of Pune. AICTE approved, Accredited by NBA, NAAC. (address): Dighi Hills, Alandi Road, Pun&411015 Tele/Fax: 020-27157612/ 27157534 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.aitpune.com No of Seats: 60 in each discipline (E&TC seat likely to increase 120). Qualification: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with min. 50% aggregate. Age: Between 16-21 yrs as on 01 Jul 2010. Date of AIEEE: 25_Arjr_2010. First, submit application form to CBSE for AIEEE as per their instructions. Next obtain AIT Prospectus. Cost of prospectus: Rs, 650/- by Regd, Post and Rs. 600/- by hand,
9. Army Institute of Fashion and Design (AIFD): Conducts two years PG Diploma Autonomous Course (Fashion Design and Apparel Merchandising and Logistics Management) Seats: 20 each and three years BSc (Fashion and Apparel Design) UG Course Seats: 60. Affiliated to Bangalore University, (address): C/o ITI 'B'Area Sheds, Old Madras Road, Dooravani Nagar (PO), Bangalore-560016. Tele/Fax: 080-25617559/25618014. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.aifdonline.in
For PG: Graduate Degree. For BSc: 10+2. Date of WAT for BSc: 20 Apr 2010. and Date of CAT for PG: 08 Jul 2010 at Bangalore only. Cost of Prospectus: Rs 550/- by Regd Post and Rs 500/-by hand.
10. Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS): Conducts VA year MBBS degree course. Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) and recognized by Medical Council of India, (address): Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS), Delhi Cantt- 110010. Tele/Fax: 011-25687643, 25687644, 25693701. E-mail: email@example.com No of Seats: 100
10+2with Physics. Chemistry, Biology and English. Candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Phy, Chem. and Bio. Candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply. (Tentative Date of CET: Stage-I: 22 May 2010 and Stage-ll: 13 Jun 2010. Application: Buy Admission Brochure -III of GGSIPU which will be available from 1th week of Feb 2010. Website: www.ipu.ac.in, www.theacms.in and www.awes.nic.in
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
Wards of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
Wards of ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
Wards of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge/ release after ten years of service.
Adopted/Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows: (i) Adopted Child of Army personnel who completed 10 years service, adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission, (ii) Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and completed 10 years service, (iii) Children of Widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non-Army personnel would not be eligible for admission. Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases:
Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex-Army Medical Corps Officers /Army Dental Corps Officers Presently Serving with IN/IAF: Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel: (i) Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 9(52)/88/D(Res) dt 19 July, 1989. (ii) Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army, (iii) Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS/TA Personnel: The following are eligible: (i) Children of only those embers of MNS who have 10 years service as regular Army MNS Officer or are in receipt of pension from the Army, (ii) Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Centres for WAT: (Except for AIT Pune, ACMS, ACDS MDS, AIL and AIFD for PG) Pathankot, Jalandhar Cantt, Ambala, Delhi, Kota, Jodhpur, Dehradun, Lucknow, Bhopal, Pune, Secunderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Guwahati, Danapur.
How To Apply: How to Obtain Prospectus and Application Form: Read Qualifications and Eligibility Conditions carefully before applying. To obtain Prospectus and Application Form: Send Bank Draft in favour of concerned Institution directly, payable at station where institution is located. Application form can also be downloaded from website of the institute. Prospectus also available at HQ AWES and HQs Command (AWES Cell) through DD only in favour of institute concerned. However submitting of application and bank draft will be through hand / post only.