M.Sc.(Biotechnology) Programme is offered at (1) University of Allahabad, Allahabad (2) Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (3) Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (4) University of Burdwan, Burdwan (5) Calicut University, Kerala (6) Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (7) Goa University, Goa (8) Gulbarga University, Gulbarga (9) Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar (10) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (11) Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (12) HNB Garhwal University Garhwal (13) University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (14) University of Jammu, Jammu (15) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (16) Kumaun University, Nainital (17) University of Lucknow, Lucknow (18) M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara (19) Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai (20) University of Mysore, Mysore (21) University of North Bengal, Siliguri (22) Pondicherry University, Pondicherry (23) University of Pune, Pune (24) R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur (25) Sardar Patel University, (Gujarat) (26) Tezpur University, Tezpur (Assam) (27) T. M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur (28) Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (29) Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur and (30) Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan.
Applicant should hold a Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical/ Biological/ Agricultural/Veterinary & Fishery Sciences/Pharmacy/ Engineering/ Technology/4-Years B.S. (Physician Assistant Course)/MBBS/BDS with at least 55% marks.
For admission to M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology/M.V.Sc, applicant should have a Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each participating University:
1. Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar: Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H) recognized by Veterinary Council of India.
2. CH. Sarwan Kumar H.P. Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur: Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
3. G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. in ZBC/PCM and B.Sc (Biotechnology) are also eligible.
4. Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur: Agriculture, Biotechnology (Agriculture), Horticulture or Forestry.
5. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur: Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) recognized by Veterinary Council of India.
6. Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
7. Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani (Maharashtra): Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
8. Orissa University Of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
9. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or B. Tech (Biotech), B. Tech (Horticulture).
10. University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture.
11. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B.Sc. (Agril Biotechnology)/B.Tech. (Biotechnology)/ B.Sc. (Ag. Biotechn.)/B.Sc. (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural/ Horticultural/ Forestry Universities.
12. Rajendra Agricultural University, Bihar, Pusa (Samastipur): Biotechnology/Agricultural Horticulture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 Years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. programme.
M.Tech (Biotechnology) Programme is offered at (1) Anna University, Chennai (2) Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala & (3) West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata.
Applicant should have a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade in any one of B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Chemistry/Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, B. Pharma, Chemical Technology or M.Sc.in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics,Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. (For Anna University: Candidates with B.Tech/B.E in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering and M.Sc. in Chemistry & Physics are also eligible.
For West Bengal University of Technology: Candidates with M.Sc. in Bioengineering are also eligible.
For Cochin University of Science and Technology: Candidates with M.Sc in Marine iotechnology, Marine Biology/Aquatic Biology & Fisheries, Environmental Biotechnology are also eligible.).
Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examinations in 2008 or thereafter and those appearing in 2010 are eligible to apply for all Programmes.
15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates respectively. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University. SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in 2008 or thereafter and those appearing in 2010 are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination. Details of concession for Kashmiri Migrants can be seen in the Prospectus.
Fee shall be charged from the admitted candidates as per the fee structure of the concerned University. Candidates selected for admission are generally eligible for scholarship at the rates prescribed by the Dept. of Biotechnology. Prospectus for each programme is different. Separate Application has to be submitted for each of M.Sc. Biotechnology/M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology/M.Tech Biotechnology Programme.
Application Form can be obtained by Post by sending a request to the 'Section Officer (Admissions), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067', along with a Bank Draft (valid for six months) of Rs.260/- (for one set of Application Form and Prospectus), drawn in favour of 'Jawaharlal Nehru University', payable at New Delhi, accompanied by a self-addressed unstamped envelope of size 30 cm x 25 cms, indicating clearly on the top of the self addressed envelope, the programme for which Application Form is required (M.Sc. Biotechnology/M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology/M.Tech Biotechnology). It can be obtained in Person on payment of Rs.200/- in cash per set from any of the participating Universities.
Sale of application starts on February 1, 2010. Applications will be issued by Post till 5th March, 2010. It can be purchased against Cash payment, till 15th March, 2010.
Filled in Application Forms should reach 'Section Officer (Admissions), Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067', by Registered Post or dropped in the Box in the Administrative Block of the University latest by 15th March, 2010.
Prospectus for the different Programmes is also available by clicking here
For more details, visit http://www.jnu.ac.in/