NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (NIPER)
Ahmedabad; Guwahati; Hajipur; Hyderabad;
Kolkata; Rae Barelli; S.A.S. Nagar
NIPER JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION – 2010 (NIPER-JEE 2010)
For admission to M.S. (Pharm.); M.Pharm.; M.Tech. (Pharm.); M.B.A. (Pharm.)
Institutes Available disciplines
NIPER, Ahmedabad Biotechnology, Natural Products, Pharmaceutics
NIPER, Guwahati Pharmacology & Toxicology, Pharmacy Practice
NIPER, Hajipur Biotechnology, Pharmacoinformatics, Pharmacy Practice
NIPER, Hyderabad Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacology & Toxicology
NIPER, Kolkata Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products, Pharmacoinformatics
NIPER, Rae Barelli, Medicinal Chemistry , Pharmaceutics
NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar Biotechnology, Medicinal Chemistry, Natural Products, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology), Pharmaceutical Technology (Bulk Drugs), Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations), Pharmaceutics, Pharmacoinformatics, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Pharmacy Practice, Regulatory Toxicology, Traditional Medicine
Eligibility- (A) M.S. (Pharm.); M.Pharm. ; M.Tech. (Pharm.)
Discipline --Programme--Eligibility for Application
Biotechnology M.S.(Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Biological Sciences)
Medicinal Chemistry M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry)
Natural Products M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry)
Pharmaceutical Analysis M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Organic/ Analytical Chemistry)
Pharmaceutical Technology (Biotechnology) M.Tech. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Life Sciences)
Pharmaceutical Technology (Bulk Drugs) M.Tech. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry)/B.Tech. (Chemical Engg. or equivalent)
Pharmaceutical Technology (Formulations) M.Pharm. B.Pharm. Pharmaceutics M.S.(Pharm.) B. Pharm.
Pharmacoinformatics M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./M.Sc.(Organic/Physical/Pharmaceutical Chemistry)/M.Sc./B.Tech. (Bioinformatics)/M.Sc. (Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/Microbiology)
Pharmacology & Toxicology M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./B.V.Sc./M.B.B.S.
Pharmacy Practice - M.Pharm. B. Pharm.
Regulatory Toxicology - M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./B.V.Sc./M.Sc.(Pharmacology/Toxicology/Life Sciences/Biochemistry/Medical Biotechnology/ Zoology)/M.B.B.S.
Traditional Medicines -M.S. (Pharm.) B.Pharm./B.A.M.S./M.Sc.(Botany)
Eligibility- (B) M.B.A. (Pharm.)
Pharmaceutical Management - M.B.A.(Pharm.) - B.Pharm./B.Tech.(Chemical Engg. or equivalent)/ M.Sc. (Chemical / Life Sciences)
Candidates should have a minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks) for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination and also have valid GPAT/GATE/NET qualification. (Percentage of marks or CGPA will be based on the norms of the concerned university/Institution or aggregate marks or CGPA scored by the candidate for all years of the qualifying degree, in case University/Institution has not prescribed any norm for calculating such percentage or CGPA). 5% of total numbers of seats are available for officially sponsored candidates from the Govt. Department /P.S.U./R&D organisation with minimum of 2 years experience. Valid GPAT/GATE/NET score (GPAT/GATE/NET score card of a candidate should be valid at the time of counselling/Group Discussion & interview) is essential qualification for all disciplines (including M.B.A.) except for the following category of candidates:- (i) Candidates holding B.V.Sc. /M.B.B.S./B.A.M.S. degree; (ii) Foreign nationals; (iii) NRI and their wards category (in case of M.B.A (Pharm.) only; (iv) Sponsored candidates from Public/Private Sector undertakings, Govt. Departments and Research and Development Organizations.
1. Details of eligibility, qualifications, availability of programmes, admission procedure and other relevant information are available in the Information Brochure and also on our website www.niper.gov.in/niperjee2010.html. Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PH and Kashmiri Migrants candidates will be as per Government of India norms.
2. Candidates appearing for final qualifying examinations can also apply but they must produce final result on the day of Counselling/Interview/GD failing which their candidature shall be rejected.
3. Information Brochure containing Application form can be obtained in person or by post from the office of the Organizing Chairperson, NIPER-JEE 2010 on submission of non refundable Bank Draft of Rs. 1000/-(Rs.500/- for SC/ST) payable at S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali)/Chandigarh in favour of "NIPER-JEE 2010" along with two duly typed self-addressed Slips with name (10 cms X 6 cms). Indian nationals residing abroad and foreign nationals have to remit US$100 by bank draft payable to "NIPER-JEE 2010".
Payment by cheque/postal order will not be accepted. Candidates desirous of obtaining information brochure by post should clearly mention the name of the programme in the application and on the top of the envelope carrying the request letter.
4. The candidates will have to make their own arrangement for travel and boarding for attending test/GD/Interview/Counselling.
5. Completed applications on the prescribed OMR form should be sent to Organising Chairperson, NIPER-JEE 2010, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, (NIPER), Sector 67, S.A.S.Nagar (Mohali), Punjab, 160062, (through speed post/registered post) so as to reach him on or before 21st June 2010. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss or postal delay. Applications
received after the due date will not be considered. No correspondence/ inquiry in this regard will be entertained. The Institute shall not be held responsible for misplacement of any loose sheet. Therefore, all the applicants are required to submit the application form properly tied together. The attested copy of valid GPAT/GATE/NET score card only shall be sent with the application form.
6. A common written test for all disciplines of the Masters programme will be held on Sunday, the 11th July, 2010 at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Trivandrum and Varanasi. The centres may be altered if sufficient numbers of candidates do not register for a particular centre.
7. Important dates to remember
Date of commencement of issuing Information Brochure 3rd May 2010
Last date for receipt of request for issuing Information Brochure by post 5th June 2010
Last date for issuing information brochure in person at NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar 21st June 2010
Last date for receipt of completed applications forms at NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar) 21st June 2010
NIPER Joint Entrance Examination (10.00 AM to 12.00 noon) 11th July 2010
Declaration of result of JEE-2010 (website-www.niper.gov.in/niperjee2010.html) 16th July 2010
Group Discussion and Interview of M.B.A. (Pharm.) 21st -22nd July 2010
Declaration of the list of selected candidates and admission to M.B.A. (Pharm.) 23rd July 2010
Declaration of the list of waitlisted candidates and admission to M.B.A. (Pharm.) 24th July 2010
Counseling for admission to Masters programme (in Science discipline) 26th -27th July 2010
Orientation and Commencement of classes 2nd August 2010
Organising Chairperson, NIPER-JEE-2010