Applications have been invited by GITAM University, Visakhapatnam for admission to various M.Sc Courses of Academic Year 2011 and candidates seeking admission to the programmes have to appear for an entrance test GSAT - 2011 to be held at various centres in Andhra Pradesh and outside on 06.05.2011 (Friday).
Requirement for admission to all science programmes is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in group (optional) subjects in the qualifying examination. Candidates who have already passed qualifying examination or who have appeared/ are appearing for the final examinations in 2011 are eligible.
COURSES & ELIGIBILITY:
1. M.Sc. Applied Mathematics: B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects; and Maths & Physical sciences in Intermediate or 10 +2 level
2. M.Sc. Physics: B.Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and any other subject
3. M.Sc. Electronics Science: B.Sc. with Electronics/Physics, Mathematics and any other subject
4. M.Sc Analytical Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
5. M.Sc. Organic Chemistry: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
6. M.Sc. Biochemistry: Any two of the following subjects in B.Sc: Agriculture, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Genetics, Home Science, Medical Lab Technology, Microbiology, Zoology
7. M.Sc. Biotechnology: Same as above
8. M.Sc. Microbiology: Same as above
9. M.Sc. Food Science & Technology: Same as above
10. M.Sc. Bioinformatics: Any two of the following subjects in B.Sc: Agriculture, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Food & Nutrition, Genetics, Home Science, Mathematics, Medical Lab Technology, Microbiology, Physics, Zoology
11. M.Sc. Environmental Science: First preference will be given to BEM candidates. The remaining seats will be allotted to candidates with B.Sc. in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences
12. BEM / Five year integrated M.Sc.: Mathematics or Biology, Physics and Chemistry (or) Environmental education
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be downloaded from website www.gitam.edu. Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.300/- for each test (DD should be drawn in favour of Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University and payable at Visakhapatnam).
Filled in applications along with attested copies of the following certificates and the prescribed fee of Rs.300/- should reach the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM UNIVERSITY, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, A.P., on or before 15.04.2011.
1. Date of Birth extract of SSC / ICSE/CBSE / Matriculation certificate
2. Degree / Provisional Certificate of the qualifying degree examination in the case of candidates appearing for PG programmes. Intermediate / 10 +2 certificate in the case of candidates appearing for UG programmes
3. Caste Certificate issued by appropriate authority for claiming reservation under SC/ST
4. Medical Certificate issued by appropriate authority for claiming under PH category.
For further details, logon to www.gitam.edu/images/GIS_Brochure.pdf