Friday, March 15, 2013
SANTINIKETAN 731 235
DISTRICT BIRBHUM, WEST BENGAL
Admission Notification: 2013 – 2014
Applications on prescribed form are invited for admission to the following courses of the University for the academic session 2013-2014.
BHASHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF LANGUAGES, LITERATURE AND CULTURE)
1. Two year M.A. Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Persian; Japanese.
2. Two year M.A. Course in Functional Hindi (Translation)
3. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali.
4. Four year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Persian; Tibetan; Chinese; Japanese preceded by one
year preparatory course.
5. Three year B.A. Course in Functional Hindi (Vocational).
VIDYA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES) (Code: 02)
1. Two year M. A. Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient
Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass
Communication and M.A./M.Sc. Course in Anthropology.
2. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics.
SIKSHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE) (Code: 03)
1. Two year M. Sc. Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics;
Environmental Science; Computer Science; Biotechnology.
2. Three year B. Sc.(Honours) Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany;
Statistics; Computer Science.
3. Five-Year Integrated M. Sc. Course in Physical Science
SANGIT-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF MUSIC, DANCE & DRAMA) (Code: 04)
1. Two year M. Mus. Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/ Esraj /Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
2. Three year B.Mus. (Honours) Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/Esraj/Tabla/Pakhawaj); Kathakali
Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts.
KALA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS) (Code: 05)
1. Two year M. Fine Arts (MFA)/ Advanced Diploma Courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture;
Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for M.F.A.).
2. Four year B. Fine Arts (Honours) (B.F.A)/ Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic
Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for B.F.A.(Hons.)].
3. Two year Certificate Course in Design.
4. Bridge Course (leading to M.F.A.) in History of Art Course (three year [one year Bridge course + two year regular course]) for students from other than Fine Arts discipline.
5. One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art.
PALLI-SAMGATHANA VIBHAGA (INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION)
1. Two year M.A. Course in Rural Development
2. Two year M.S.W. Course
3. Three year B.S.W. (Honours) Course
4. Four year B. Des. Course (Fee Rs.5000.00 per semester)
5. Two-year Certificate Course in (i) Hand-made Paper Making (ii) Artistic Leather Craft (iii)
Batik Work (iv) Handloom Weaving (v) Pottery (vi) Wood Work
6. Short term casual courses in Craft
(i) Batik & Bandhni (ii) Pottery & Ceramic (Table Ware/Art Pottery/Glazing) ( iii) Textile (Weaving/ Dyeing
/Printing) ( iv) Leather Crafts ( v) Woodwork( Toys/Furniture/Wood craft) (vi) Hand-made Paper Crafts .
Duration of each course: 4 months for short term and 9 months for integrated course. (Form will be available
for serial no. 5 & 6 from Silpa Sadan Office ).
PALLI SIKSHA BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURE) (Code: 07)
1. Two year M. Sc. (Ag.) Courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil
Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture.
2. Four year B.Sc. (Ag.) Honours Course.
VINAYA-BHAVANA ( INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION ) (Code: 08)
1. Two year M.A. in Education Course.
2. Three year B.A. / B. Sc. (Honours) in Physical Education Course
3. One year B. P. Ed. Course
4. Two year M. P. Ed Course
Notes: 1. Details of each course, eligibility criteria etc. are available in the admission kits
(Prospectus and Application Form) from the designated branches of United Bank of India
listed below and also in the University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
2. There will be an all-India Admission Test for all B.A. (Honours) and Preparatory courses
(except for three years Honours courses in Santali, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian under
Bhasha-Bhavana), all B.Sc. (Honours) courses under Siksha-Bhavana and the B.Sc. (Ag.)
Honours course under Palli-Siksha Bhavana at centres in the following cities: Santiniketan,
Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, Siliguri, Burdwan, Baharampur, Suri, Malda, Bhubaneswar,
Ranchi, Patna, Guwahati, Allahabad, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and Agartala. The test will
be held on Sunday, 12th May 2013 at the above cities/towns. The locations of the test centers
will be available in the Admit Card which is to be downloaded from the university website:
3. Admission Tests for all other courses will be held at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, West
4. Reservation of seats: In each course, admission of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes
(ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH) and Visually Handicapped
(VH) candidates will be governed as per rules of the Government of India.
5. Application fee: Rs.140/- for SC/ST candidates and Rs.400/- for all other candidates.
6. How to apply. (i) In person: Prescribed application form and Prospectus (admission kits) may be obtained in person from the under-mentioned designated branches of the ‘United Bank of India’ (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee.
Designated branches of UBI for issuance of Application Forms and Prospectus:
West Bengal: Kolkata - (1) Old Court House Street, (2) Shyambazar, (3) Gariahat, (4) Behala, (5) Bidhannagar (Salt Lake City), (6) Burdwan, (7) Durgapur (City Centre), (8) Asansol, (9) Katowa (10) Malda, (11) Cooch Behar, (12) Jalpaiguri, (13) Darjeeling, (14) Siliguri, (15) Raiganj, (16) Balurghat, (17) Baharampur, (18) Suri, (19) Bolpur (Bhubandanga), (20) Bolpur (Station Road) (21) Rampurhat, (22) Sainthia (23) Nalhata (24) Bankura, (25) Purulia, (26) Raghunathpur, (27) Medinipur, (28) Contai, (29) Jhargram, (30) Tamluk, (31) Howrah, (32) Chinsurah, (33) Srirampore, (34) Krishnanagar, (35) Barasat, (36) Barrackpore, (37) Baruipur, (38) Diamond Harbour, Bihar: (39) Patna, Jharkhand: (40) Ranchi, Orissa: (41) Bhubaneswar, Sikkim: (42) Gangtok, Assam: (43) Guwahati, Tripura: (44) Agartala, Manipur: (45) Imphal, Nagaland: (46) Kohima, Arunachal Pradesh: (47) Itanagar, Meghalaya: (48) Shillong, New Delhi: (49) Connaught Circus, Jammu & Kashmir: (50) Srinagar, (51) Jammu, Punjab, Hariyana: (52) Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh: (53) Simla, Uttaranchal: (54) Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh: (55) Lucknow, Rajasthan: (56) Jaipur, Gujrat: (57) Ahmedabad, Maharashtra: (58) Pune, (59) Mumbai, Goa: (60) Panaji, Madhya Pradesh: (61) Bhopal, Chhattisgarh: (62) Raipur, Kerala: (63) Trivandrum, Tamil Nadu: (64) Madras, Andhra Pradesh: (65) Hyderabad, Karnataka: (66) Bangalore, Pondicherry: (67) Pondicherry, Andaman and Nicobar Island: (68) Port Blair (Junglighat).
(ii) ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Candidates would have the option to apply for the examination through our online application system.
The online application allows the candidate to provide all information and also to upload scanned photograph and signature.
Details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available on the University website – www.visva-bharati.ac.in.
The application fee in case of an online application may be paid by any one of the following
Candidate can make the payment online using any of the online payment methods of Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles (A nominal TDR
charge would be applicable). Candidates would get INSTANT confirmation of their payments
and submissions when they pay through online payment methods.
In case a candidate does not have access to an online payment method he or she can deposit the required amount at any branch of United Bank of India (UBI) using a Bank Deposit Voucher / Challan into the following account :
Account Name: “VISVA-BHARATI ADMISSION COORDINATION CELL”
Account No. 0826050005012
Bank : United Bank of India [UBI]
Prospective candidates are advised to visit our website (www.visva-bharati.ac.in) at regular
intervals for updates.
7. Submission of application forms: Candidates willing to apply for more than one course/stream are advised to go through the Prospectus carefully. Instructions for filling up the form and other details are given in the Prospectus. Completed application forms may be submitted personally or by post or by courier service so as to reach the designated office within the stipulated deadline (April 16, 2013) positively.
8. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. Rights of cancellation or selection/admission lie with the Admission Committee of the Institute concerned. The University reserves the right to limit the number of eligible applicants to be called for admission test. All matters of dispute shall be taken under the jurisdiction of the S D J M’s Court, Bolpur, District Birbhum, West Bengal.
9. Important Dates Issue of Application Form: March 16, 2013 to April 16, 2013
Deadline for Submission of Application Form: April 16, 2013
Date of Admission Test (VBCAT): May 12, 2013
10. Visva-Bharati remains fully closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.
For further details visit: http://www.visva-bharati.ac.in/AdmCoordCell/adm-coord-cell.htm
Posted by Sajimon, P.P at 1:12 PM