Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped
K.C. Marg Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai - 400 050
Telephone: 022 – 2640 0215/0228
Email : email@example.com
1. Ph.D. IN Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
2. Master of Education (Hearing Impairment M.ED.(HI)
3. Master of Audiology & Speech –Language Pathology
4. Bachelor of education (Hearing Impairment)
5. Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
6. Diploma in Hearing, Language & Speech
7. Diploma in Education Special Education (Hearing Impairment)
8. Diploma in Sign Language Interpreter Course (Rs.2, 000/- p.m stipend)
Eligibility: A candidate may be registered for doing research leading to Ph.D. Degree of any of the Faculties of the University, subject to the conditions mentioned below:
i. He/She should hold a Master's degree in the subject of Human Health Sciences.
ii. The candidates may apply for Ph.D. degree registration from 01st to 31st January and 1st to 31st July every year.
iii. 10 copies of synopsis along with application for the registration of Ph.D. course shall be recommended by research guide and forwarded through HOD and Head of the Institution from the eligible candidates to the University from 1st to 31st January and 1st to 31st July.
iv. As far as possible, the University shall sanction the registration of the student upto 31st March and 30th September of every year respectively.
v. The registration of the candidates for the Ph.D. course shall be confirmed after receipt of his/her 1st progress report (within six months from the date of his/her application for registration).
vi. Once the University confirmed registration of the student for the topic in which he/she wishes to undertake research work, no change in the topic shall be allowed without prior permission of the university
(2) Master of education .
B.ED (HI) or any other equivalent degree from a recognized University with 50% aggregate marks OR B.ED.(SE-DE)(HI) with 50% aggregate marks and one year teaching experience OR B.ED (Gen) with 50% aggregate marks and D.ED. (HI) /DSE (HI) with 50% aggregate marks.
(3) Master of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology.
Bachelor of Audiology & Speech –Language Pathology or any equivalent degree recognized by the respective Universities and RCI (including internship)
Internship mandatory for candidates who have completed Bachelor in Audiology & Speech Language Pathology after may /june 2001.
(4). Bachelor of education (Hearing Impairment) .
Three years degree course. Degree in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized University.
(5). Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology .
Pre-University exam of any recognized university in India or equivalent of 10+2/HSC in India or abroad.
For Mumbai center the combination with
COMPULSORY: Physics (p) + Maths (M),Physics + Biology(B)
ANY ONE SUBJECT
Biology: Chemistry: Computer Science (CS)
Mathematics; Chemistry; Computer Science(CS)
For Kolkata centre the eligibility is Physics, Chemistry, Biology &English and any other vth subject.
(6) Diploma in Hearing, Language & Speech . 10+2 passed with PCB /PCM or its equivalent.
(7) Diploma in Education Special Education (Hearing Impairment) .
10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board of education with minimum marks: 45% for General Category 40% for SC/ST/PH
(8) Diploma in Sign Language Interpreter Course (Rs.2, 000/- p.m stipend) .
10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board of education. Preference will be given to more qualified candidates.
Application procedure: Prescribed application form and prospectus can be obtained from the respective centers in person or by post on payment of Rs. 500/-for General Category and Rs. 300/- for SC/ST/PH by way of Demand Draft in favour of The Director, AYJNIHH, Mumbai' Those desirous of admission to B.ASLP at AYJNIHH should send Demand Draft in favour of 'The Director, AY JNIHH, Mumbai' only.
The filled in application form should be submitted to the respective centre(s) where admission is sought.
Postal Address of centers:
1) AY JNIHH, K.C. Marg,Bandra Reclamation Bandra (w) Mumbai400050.Telfax-022-26404170.
2) AY JNIHH,NRC,Kasturba Niketan,Lajpat Nagar-ii,New Delhi -110024 Telefax-011-29815093
3) AY JNIHH,ERC,B.T.Road,Bon Hooghly,Kolkata -700090. Telefax ;033-25311427
4) AY JNIHH, TCTD, Ogalpada, Hospital Chowk,Janla,Dist Khurda ,Orissa 752054 Telefax 0674-2460641
Last date of submission of Forms: 25TH MAY 2009
Date of Entrance Test :
1) NAME OF THE COURSE; B.Ed (HI) PLACE OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION: Mumbai & Kolkata Date of entrance examination: 14th June 2009
2) Name Of the Course: M.ED. (HI) Place Of Entrance Examination; Mumbai Date of entrance examination: 14th June 2009
3) Name of the Course: B.ASLP Place of Entrance Examination; Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati and Mysore. Date of entrance examination: 6th June 2009.
4) Name of the Course: M.ASLP Place of Entrance Examination: Mumbai & Kolkata Date of entrance examination: 20TH June 2009.