Courses offered under School of Medical Education having centers at Gandhinagar Kottayam, Puthuppally, Cheruvandoor, Pala, Manimalakkunnu, Thevara , Angamaly, Pathanamthitta and Nedumkandom are (with eligibility to apply):
1 . B.Sc. Nursing, 2 . BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy ), 3 . B.Sc. Medical Microbiology, 4 . B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) and 5 . B.Sc. MRT (Medical Radiological Technology) (All 4 years): Candidates having +2/Pre-degree with 50% marks in physics, chemistry and Biology .
6. Post Basic B.Sc Degree in Nursing (2 Years): Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 3 year Diploma in Nursing (RNRM) approved by the INC and KNC and one year experience after registration in Nursing
7. B.Pharm (4Years): Pre-Degree or Plus Two with 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics put together.
8. MPT (Master of Physiotherapy)(4 Semesters): BPT with 50% marks.
9. M.Sc. Medical Anatomy (3 Years): Second class B.Sc Degree in Zoology or any of the following Para Medical Sciences- B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Medical Microbiology, BMRT, BPT and B.Sc MLT. 10% Weightage to Post Graduate qualification like M.Sc Zoology, B.Ed Natural Science etc.
10. M.Sc Medical Bio-Chemistry (6 semesters): 50% marks in (a) B.Sc in Medical Biochemistrty/Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Microbiology/Medical Genetics or B.Sc in Biochemistry /Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Genetics/Bioinformatics or (c)B.Sc in Zoology/Botany with Biochemistry/Chemistry as a subsidiary or (d) B.Sc in Chemistry with Biological sciences at the Plus Two level or (e) any other Bachelor Degree in Biomedical sciences/Health sciences/Life Sciences with Bio chemistry as one of the subjects or (f) any other Degree approved as equivalent thereto by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
11. M. Applied Science (Medical Documentation) (4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks in optionals.
12. M. Applied Science (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) (4 Semesters): 50% marks in B.Sc. in Maths/Physics/Computer Science/Computer Application/Electronics as Main or subsidiary/ BMRT
13. M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology) (2 years): 4 year B.Sc. Medical Microbiology with 50% marks.
14. MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) (4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
15. MPH (Master of Public Health)(4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation
16. M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy) (4 Semesters): B. Pharm. with 60% marks
Courses offered underSchool of Technology and Applied Sciences having centers at Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam are (with eligibility to apply):
17. B.Sc. (Computer Science) and 18 . B.Sc. (Electronics with Computer Hardware) (6 Semesters) : Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Maths, Physics and Chemistry
19 . B.Tech Polymer Engineering (8 semesters): Pass in Plus Two or equivalent with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/Computer Science put together.
20. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (6 Semesters): A pass in any recognized degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths in 10+2 level or a pass in any recognized bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths/ Statistics as one of the subjects or a pass in BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized University.
21 . M.Sc. ITCC. (Information Technology & Computer Communication) (4 Semesters): BSc. IT/ BCA/B.Sc.Degree with Maths/Computer Science/Statistics as one of the subject with 55% marks.
22 . M.Sc. Applied Electronics (4 Semesters): B.Sc. Degree in Electronics /Computer Science/Physics with 50% marks excluding languages.
23 . M.Sc. Computer Engineering and Network Technology (4 Semesters): B.Sc. Degree with Maths/Statistics/Computer Science as one of the subjects or BSc IT/B.Tech./BCA/B.Sc. (Computer/Electronics) degree with 50% marks.
Course offered at School of Communication and Information Science at M.G University Campus, Priyadarshini Hills is:
24 . M.C.J. (Master of Communication and Journalism) (4 Semesters): Candidates with 45% marks in any degree are eligible.
Courses offered at Department of Library and Information Sciences at M.G University Campus, Priyadarshini Hills are (with eligibility to apply).
25 . B.L.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters): 45% marks in any degree.
26 . M.L.I.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters): 45% marks for B.L.I.Sc.
Course offered at School of Applied Life Sciences, Pathanamthitta are (with eligibility to apply):
32 . M.Sc. Fishery Biology and Aquaculture (4 Semesters): Degree in Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry with Zoology as a Subsidiary subject or BFSc. or B.Sc. Aquaculture or any other equivalent degree with 55% marks in the optional subjects. 33. M.Phil Fishery Biology and Aquaculture: MSc Degree in Fishery Biology and Aquaculture/Aquatic Biology and Fisheries/ Zoology/ Fishery Science/Aquaculture/ Industrial Fisheries with 55 % marks.
The application and brochure of self financing admission 2010-2011 are available in the websites of the M.G.University: http://mguniversity.edu or http://www.sme.edu.in
or else the printed form of the brochure and the application form are available from the Heads of the institutions concerned.
Cost of Application Form and Prospectus is Rs. 200/-. Applicants who seek admission for a maximum of 3 courses in a school has to remit Rs.300/- as Registration Fee (for SC/ST candidates Rs.150/-). Candidates who apply in the downloaded form has to remit Rs.500/- as fee. (for SC/ST candidates Rs.200/- + Rs.150/-). The fee has to be remitted by way of Demand Draft in favour of the Finance Officer, M G University, Priyadarsini Hills.P O, Athirampuzha, Kottayam.
Last date to submit the filled in application forms for UG courses and PG courses to the concerned campuses are 29.05.2010 and 25.06.2010 respectively.
School of Medical Education (Main Centre : 0481-2598356, 2596831)
School of Technology and Applied Sciences (Main Office 0481-2392928)
School of Communication and Information Science (0481-2732570)
Department of Library and Information Sciences (Centre at University Campus) (0481-2732948)
School of Applied Life Sciences, Pathanamthitta (0468-2323957)