Maharastra Merit-cum-Means Based Scholarship 2011
Directorate of Technical Education, Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra, has invited applications for Merit-cum-Means Based Scholarship for students pursuing Professional and Technical courses for the economically weaker and meritorious students belonging to Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian and Parsi minority communities.
Applications are invited only through Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS) for Fresh Scholarship from all students admitted in first year to final year and renewal of the scholarship for academic year 2011-2012.
Courses for Scholarship (details list available on http://rnomascholarship.gov.in ):
The professional and technical courses: Degree in Engineering/Technology UG & PG ( B.E. / B. Tech/M. E. / M. Tech), Cement Technology, Fashion Technology, Pharmacy ( B. Pharm / M. Pharm), Architecture & Town Planning ( UG & PG), Hotel Management.& Catering Technology, Applied Art & Craft (UG & PG), MCA, MBA/MMS, Health Science Courses, Law (LLB/LLM), Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry, CA, ICWAI, CS etc.
The course fee (maximum Rs. 20,000/- for not listed institute) and maintenance allowance ( Rs. 5,000/-for Day Scholar / Rs. 10,000/- for Hosteller).
1. Applicant should be a resident of Maharashtra State.
2. Admission to the course should be through Common Entrance Test. In case of admission without facing Common Entrance Test, applicant must have obtained minimum 50 % marks at qualifying examination
3. Applicant should not avail any other scholarship / stipend.
4. The total annul income of family/guardian should not be more than 2.50 lakhs.
5. 30 % seats are reserved for girls
Submission of Application Form for Renewal/ Fresh Scholarship by Candidate:
The eligible aspiring candidates shall fill the online application form on http://momascholarship.gov.in . The. candidate should register the name on the website, fill the form online, verify the data filled and forward it to the institutes. The candidate should take printout of the form, attach documents and submit it to the principal of the institute where he/she is studying. The OSMS shall generate the Temporary Application ID for the student. The candidate can't update the data once the form is forwarded to the institute.
Documents to be attached with application form:
1. One Copy of passport size photograph with signature pasted on Application form.
2. Attested certificates of educational qualification (S.S.C.Onwards).
3. Income and minority declaration - affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum Rs.10/- and income certificate from the employer, if any.
4. Proof of permanent residence- Domicile Certificate/ Any other Documents issued by Gazetted Officer/Ration Card/Electricity bill/Election Card.
Schedule of Activities for Fresh Application Form-Year 2011-12:
1. Submission of Fresh online applications by the students on www.momascholarship.gov.in : 10.09.2011
2. Last date for reaching hard copy of online application forms to the institutes: 15.09.2011
3. Last date for the institutes to complete the online scrutiny on www.momascholarship.gov.in : 20.09.2011
4. Last date for submission of hard copies scrutinized by the institutes to Regional office of technical education/ Nodal office : 30.09.2011
5. Last date for submission of online application by students for Renewal on www.momascholarship.gov.in : 31.12.2011
For details, visit the website link: http://www.dte.org.in/download/mcm_notice_11-1.pdf