Research And Innovation Promotion Unit
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmadabad has invited applications for PhD Admission test 2012 leading admission to PhD Courses of the University.
PhD Programmes on Offer:
2. Computer Science
3. Distance Education
7. Fine Arts
8. Foreign Languages: French
9. Foreign Languages: Russian
10. Foreign Languages: German
15. Information Communication Technology
16. Inter-Disciplinary Studies
17. International Relations
19. Library and Information Science
21. Mass Communication
22. Performing Arts
24. Political Science
26. Public Administration
29. Social Work
30. Tourism Studies
31. English Language Teaching
32. Any Other Subject as recommended by RIPC and approved by statutory bodies of the University.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D.:
Master’s degree or its equivalent (as certified by the AIU) with at least 55% (B+) marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST candidate) of any University/Higher Learning Institution recognized by UGC and/or DEC, in the relevant discipline.
The candidate must qualify in the Ph.D. Programme Entrance Test of Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University.
The minimum qualifying criteria shall be as decided by the RAIPC and reviewed from time to time.
Selection of PhD Candidates:
Applications received for PhD programmes shall be classified into two categories:
Category A: Eligible candidates for Entrance Test of PhD Programme:
The eligible candidate shall be admitted as doctoral research candidate through an Entrance Test conducted by the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University (BAOU).
Category B: Exempted candidates from the entrance test of the PhD Programme:
Those candidates who have cleared UGC-NET / GSET / JRF or those having ten years of relevant teaching / practical / professional experience will be exempted from appearing at the Entrance Examination.
Applications & Fee:
For Online applications, candidates have to log on to
The Online Application is done in 3 steps:
Post Graduation Mark sheet and Certificate, Photo, SC / ST / OBC Category Certificate and NET / SLET Certificate (if applicable).
Candidates have to make Online Payment of PhD Admission Test Fees. Payment can be done using any of the 2 modes.
1. Through SBI I-Collect: which is an excellent facility for applicants to be able to make payments any time using internet banking facility of State Bank of India. An applicant can also pay through any other person's SBI account using this facility. To make payment, log in SBI's Personal Banking account -> Payment/Transfers -> I-Collect links.
2. Through Pay-in-Slip: Download and print the Pay-In-Slip available on University website. Make cash payment in any State Bank of India's branch using Pay-in-Slip.
Fees for PhD Admission Test is Rs. 500/- for all candidates
End Date of Online Application for PhD Admission Test (PAT): 30th August 2012, Thursday
Last Date of submission for Printed Application Form of PAT along with Documents: 10th September 2012, Monday
Issue of Hall Ticket: Will be announced shortly
Examination Date: 23rd September 2012, Sunday
For further details, log on to the link:
The registration of a candidate for Ph.D. shall be liable to be cancelled for any of the following reasons:
i) Non-payment of registration/re-registration fee.
ii) Unsatisfactory progress reports as found so by the PMC
iii) Non-compliance with the provisions of the Ordinances and other Regulations of the University, as found so by the PAI Unit.
iv) Failure to attend three workshops and/or submit the thesis within the prescribed time limit.
V) Giving false information at the time of application / admission.
The decision of the University with regard to cancellation of Registration shall be final and binding to all concerned.
For more details visit here: