Saturday, December 1, 2012
Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
H.P. University (Campus), Shimla- 171005
Ph.D Admission Notice 2013-2015
Applications are invited by Ocean of the Dean of Studies, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla for admission to PhD Programme for the session 2012-13 in the following subjects:
1. Computer Science
3. Political Science
5. Public Administration
1. Fees for the Entrance Test : - Rs. 1100/- for General Category candidates - Rs. 600/- for SC/ ST/ IRDP / BPL Categories candidates
Payable in the Form of Demand Draft/ IPOs to be drawn in the favour of Finance Officer, Himachal Pradesh
University, Shimla- 171005. Fee once deposited is not refundable.
2. Eligibility and Procedure :
i) Minimum qualifications prescribed for admission to Ph.D. course in all faculties shall be as per
Ordinance 1.4. i.e. only M.Phil./LLM or equivalent qualifications (UGC-CSIR) and Ordinance 16.12.
Last date of submission of Form: 7th December, 2012
Date of Entrance Test : 15th December, 2012
Date of declaration of result : 26th December, 2012
Examination Centre: H.P. University (Campus), Shimla- 171005 only.
i) The written component of the entrance test shall carry 80 marks.
ii) The interview and discussion on the research proposal of the candidate with the Departmental Council /
Committee shall constitute 20 marks.
- The minimum qualifying marks to be obtained in the written test would be 50% (40 marks).
- The duration of the written test shall be Two Hours / Two and Half Hours.
3. Merely obtaining qualifying marks in the Ph.D. Entrance Test shall not confer any right upon the candidate for his / her registration to the Ph.D. programme. Admission to Ph.D. programme will be subject to the availability of seats / supervisors in the concerned departments.
4. Affix with gum three latest attested passport size photographs at the appropriate places (photocopies shall not be accepted.).
5. Fill in the required information in every column accurately. Do not leave any column blank. The information supplied by the candidate especially relating to DATE OF BIRTH, CATEGORY, DOMICILE, and ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION shall be treated as final and no change shall be allowed to be made in this regard at a later stage. The application shall be scrutinized strictly according to the information supplied by the candidate and the responsibility with regard to the accuracy of the information shall lie with the candidate himself / herself.
6. The completed application form accompanied by the attested copies of relevant certificates / documents, duly stamped Admit Card, Result-cum-Interview Card, Identification sheet and Demand Draft/ postal orders for the requisite amount should be sent to : The Chairperson, (concerned Department on or before 7th December, 2012 where admission is being sought), Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill Shimla(H.P.)-171005.
7 Department-wise details of vacant seats: ( No. of seats can be increased/ decreased)
Computer Science = 1 History- 5
Law = 2 Public Administration = 4
Political Science= 1 Geography = 2
Sanskrit = 2
Note: Details of specialization etc. can be obtained from the Department concerned.
For further details, log on to the link: http://www.hpuniv.nic.in/pdf/PHd_Inst12.pdf
Posted by Sajimon, P.P at 7:44 PM