Sunday, March 31, 2013
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
ADMISSION NOTICE 2013-2014
IIMC, an Internationally-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India, invites applications for the following courses.
1. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Orissa), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala)
2. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
3. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
4. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
5. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Oriya) Dhenkanal (Orissa)
Duration August 2013 to May 2014
Eligibility Bachelor's degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply.
Date of Birth No. of Seats
Reservation of Seats
1.8.1988 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1983 or later and for OBC 1.8.1985 or later).
62+62+15+15+15+15 in Course No. 1, 62 in Course No. 2, 46 in Course No. 3, 70 in Course No. 4 and 23 in Course No. 5. Five seats available in each Course for NRIs/NRIs sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.
As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION : Hindi and/or English; for Course No. 5 : Oriya.
Hostel At Delhi Campus: Limited accommodation only for outstation girl candidates .
At Dhenkanal, Amravati, Aizawl, Jammu & Kottayam: Facilities available for both boys and girls. Fees Courses Nos.1 & 2 Rs. 50,000/- each, Course No. 3 Rs. 92,000/-, Course No. 4 Rs. 70,000/- and Course No. 5 Rs. 28,000/-.
26 May 2013 at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Chennai, Jammu, Srinagar, Kochi, Nagpur, Aizawl and Guwahati centres. Oriya Journalism Exam will be held on 27 May 2013 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
Interview Last week of June/First week of July, 2013
For Course Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4 - at New Delhi; For Course No. 5 - at Dhenkanal (Orissa)
Application 1- Application forms can be purchased in person or by post.
Forms Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Orissa). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27x17 cm).
2. For on-line Application process
The application form can be filled after downloading from www.iimc.gov.in. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi.
3. Important: The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC New Delhi and IIMC Dhenkanal from 11 March 2013. Application form/entrance examination for Course Nos. 1 and 2 is common. There are separate application forms/entrance examinations for Course Nos.3, 4 & 5. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one Course will have to fill separate application form for each Course.
Last date for issue of application forms is April 22, 2013.
Completed application forms with DD should reach Registrar, IIMC, A run a Asaf AM Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before April 22, 2013.
For further Information Contact : New Delhi - 011-26741062, 26741073, 26741352, Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268, Dhenkanal 06762-226194 & 226196, Fax: 06762-226195,226197
For details, log on to the link:
Posted by Sajimon, P.P at 4:40 PM