Tamilnadu Common Entrance Examination TANCET 2010
M.B.A., M.C.A., and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.
Applications are invited for the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Examination TANCET 2010 to be conducted by Anna University Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu on 29th & 30th May 2010, from candidates who seek admission to
2. M.C.A., and
3. M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.
Degree Programmes in Tamil Nadu for the year 2010-2011 offered at University Departments of
• Anna University Chennai,
• Anna University Coimbatore,
• Anna University Trichy,
• Anna University Tirunelveli,
• Govt. Engineering, Arts and Science Colleges,
• Govt. Aided Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges,and
• Govt. Quota seats in self-financing Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges / standalone Institutions.
• Some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of TANCET 2010.
Other State candidates can appear for the entrance tests but, admission is subject to the eligibility conditions of the admitting authority / University.
ELIGIBILITY Criteria for TANCET 2010:
A pass in any Degree with 10 + 2 + 3 or 4 years or a pass in any Degree with 10 + 3 (Diploma) + 3 years pattern.
Candidates who have passed in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year duration (10+2+3 or 4 years pattern) in any discipline with Core Mathematics or Business Mathematics at +2 level (or) A pass in any recognised Bachelor's degree with 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern with Maths at Diploma level or Mathematics or Statistics as any one of the subjects at the degree level or A pas in a ny recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline with mats/ statistics as one of the subjects..
Details of the eligibility conditions are available in the website: www.annauniv.edu/tancet2010
Those who are appearing for final year / semester examination of the above qualifying degree in April / May 2010 can also apply for TANCET 2010.
How to Apply for TANCET 2010
Application Form is common for all the three entrance tests. Candidates have to submit only one application. The candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.300/-(Rs.150/- for SC / ST Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate) as entrance test fee for any one of the Programmes either (1) M.B.A. or (2) M.C.A. or (3) M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./ M.Plan.
If a candidate desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he / she has to pay Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) along with the filled-in application.
REGISTRATION for TANCET 2010
(1) SPOT REGISTRATION: Hall Tickets will be issued to the candidates who come in person to the following Co-ordinating Centres with cash or D.D. for the required amount towards Entrance Test fee and a copy of 10th Std. Mark Sheet. And 12th Mark sheet (or 3 years Diploma Certificate)
1. Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai, 2. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 3. Annamalai University, Chidambaram, 4. PSNA College of Engg. & Technology, Dindigul, 5. Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode, 6. Alagappa College of Engg. & Technology, Karaikudi, 7.Thiagarajar College of Engg., Madurai, 8. Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil, 9. Govt. College of Engg., Salem, 10. Kunthavai Naachiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women, Thanjavur, 11. Govt. College of Engg., Tirunelveli, 12. Anna University Trichy, Trichy, 13. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore, 14. University College of Engg., Villupuram, 15. Kamaraj College of Engg., Virudhunagar.
(2) REGISTRATION THROUGH INTERNET: The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tancet2010.
The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of The Director, Entrance Examinations, Anna University Chennai, payable at Chennai, obtained from any Nationalized bank on or after 29.03.2010.
Date and Time of Entrance Tests for TANCET 2010:
M.B.A 29.5.2010 (Saturday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
M.C.A 29.5.2010 (Saturday) 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.
M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. 30.5.2010 (Sunday) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon
1.Chennai, 2.Coimbatore, 3.Chidambaram, 4.Dindigul, 5.Erode, 6.Karaikudi, 7.Madurai, 8.Nagercoil, 9.Salem, 10.Thanjavur, 11.Tirunelveli, 12.Trichy, 13.Vellore, 14.Villupuram, 15.Virudhunagar.
Important Dates for TANCET 2010:
i) Commencement of Spot Registration / Registration through Internet 1.04.2010
ii) Last date for Spot Registration at Co-ordinating Centres (other than Anna University Chennai, Chennai 25 / Registration through Internet) 20.04.2010
iii) Last date for Spot Registration and receipt of application (Registered through Internet) at Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 26.04.2010
The completed application (registered through Internet) should reach The Secretary, TANCET, Examination Centre, Anna University Chennai, Chennai 600 025 on or before 26.04.2010, by 5.30 p.m.
The applications received after the due date and time will not be considered at any cost.
For details visit : www.annauniv.edu/tancet2010