University of Delhi
Faculty of Management Studies
MBA and Ph.D Admissions 2010
Faculty of Management Studies under University of Delhi has invited applications for admission through Entrance Test to the following programmes commencing in July 2011:
1. PhD (Management)
2. Two-year MBA (Full-Time)
3. Two-year MBA-Management of Services (MS)
4. Three-year MBA (Part-Time)
5. Three-year MBA (PT) Health Care Administration
ELIGIBILITY: (Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility will be allowed to candidates of all reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH/CW) in all MBA programmes.)
1) To be eligible for admission to the PhD programme, a candidate must have obtained a Master's/ M. Phil degree of the University of Delhi, or any other recognized University, or any postgraduate degree in an allied subject recognized as equivalent in the subject in which the candidate wishes to pursue a course of research. She/ he must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade in the M.Phil degree or a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in the Master's degree.
Candidates with four year or more than four year Bachelor degree viz. B.Tech or M.B.B.S and with 70% and 60% marks or equivalent grades respectively, who have obtained any national level fellowships are also eligible to apply.
2) Candidates applying for admission to the MBA full-time programme must have pursued at least a 3-year Bachelor's Degree programme after twelve years of formal schooling in any of the following disciplines. The minimum requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows:
Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences- 50% , Sciences- 55%, Mathematics or Statistics- 60%
Medicine, Engineering or Technology- 60%/ CGPA of at least 6 on a scale of 10
OR Post Graduate Degree or IInd Degree examination after 10+2+3scheme, securing at least 60%marks.
3) Candidates seeking admission to 3-year MBA programme should have passed a bachelor's degree examination of at least three years duration with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate.
Relaxation of this criterion may be made for those who scored more than 55% marks in aggregate in their post-graduate degree or at least 60% in a Diploma in Personnel Management, Diploma in Sales & Marketing or Diploma in Administrative Management of Delhi University.
Candidates should have at least three years experience as an executive or an administrator in a commercial, industrial or government establishment after passing the Bachelor's Degree Examination.
4) Candidates seeking admission to MBA (Health Care Administration) programme should have passed a Bachelor's Degree Examination in Medicine in the University of Delhi or an examination recognized as equivalent and should have at least five years of experience in Hospital Administration after acquiring the Bachelor's Degree in Medicine.
Candidates applying to the programmes have to visit website: www.fms.edu and apply online
FMS Admissions Office of Delhi Varsity will begin despatching the Entrance Test Admit Cards for MBA (FT) and PhD candidates from the 2nd week of November 2010, and for MBA (PT) and MBA (PT) HCA candidates from the last week of December 2010.
Candidates applying to any of the FMS programmes are required to send back the acknowledgement form to Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110 007 on or before 15th October 2010.
Online registration for admission to all the courses closes on 15th October 2010.
The admission test for both full-time programmes; MBA (FT) & PhD will be through a common FMS entrance test to be held on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 2.00 pm at the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guawahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
For details, logon to website link: http://www.fms.edu/programmes/admission_faq_2011.php