Applications have been invited for admission to the following courses (eligibility stated against each course) having entrance examination for the year 2011-2012 Departments / Centres / affiliated colleges of in University of Calicut:
1. BTHM (Bachelor of Tourism and Hotel Management) - 3 years: Pass in +2 under 10+2 stream or equivalent as recognised by University of Calicut & not below 17 years as on 1st July of the Academic year in which admission is sought
2. BHM (Bachelor of Hotel Management) - 4 years: Pass in +2 or equivalent as recognised by University of Calicut.
3. MSc General Biotechnology - 4 Semesters: Degree (10+2+3) with 55% marks in Biotechnology, Bio-Informatics, Biochemistry, Micro Biology, Botany, Zoology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, BSc Agriculture, BVSc, BPharm, Life Sciences of this University or any other equivalent Degree approved by the University.
4. MSc Bioinformatics - 4 Semesters: Degree (10+2+3) with 55% marks in Biotechnology, Bio-Informatics, Biochemistry, Micro Biology, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, BSc Agriculture, BSc Genetics, BSc Food Technology, BVSc, BPharm, Life Sciences, Bio Physics, BSc Forestry, BSc Fisheries, BSc Horticulture, BE or BTech, Industrial Biotechnology of this University or any other equivalent Degree approved by the University.
5. MSc Health & Yoga Therapy - 4 Semesters: Any graduate in Medical Science MBBS, BAMS, BHMS / Graduate in Biological Sciences eg: Zoology, Biochemstry, Dietetics & Nutrition, Microbiology, Home Science, Biotechnology, Clinical Psychology, Physiology, Chemistry, any other Science graduate; any Humanities and Commerce graduate. Any graduate from education or Physical Education Faculty, should produce a medical certificate for organic fitness. A minimum of 45% marks should be obtained for graduation. 45% should be obtained for selection test
6. MSc (Cyber Security) - 4 Semesters: BSc Degree with Mathematics main or a sub / ancillary or BCA or BTech (with a Mathematics paper) in any branch with at least 55% marks of any University recognized by UGC. Selection based on marks in the qualifying Examination and the entrance test (the weightage given for the above 2 criteria shall be in the ratio 1:1)
7. BEd Special Education for Hearing Impaired - 1 year: Candidates should have passed the BA / BSc degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern with one main subject and two Subsidiary subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any University recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto for admission subject to the stipulation regarding marks. However, double and triple main candidates of Kerala University and other Universities will be considered for admission only if they furnish the copies of the eligibility certificate form any of the University in Kerala along with application stating that their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impaired) degree course. Minimum marks for BEd Special Education (Hearing Impaired) admission is 50% for the science subjects and 45% for the arts subjects in part III. OR
A minimum of 50% marks for Part I English of BA / BSc degree examination for English optional. They should also possess a Master’s degree in English with not less than 50% marks. Applicants should have secured 45% marks in aggregate (I+II+III)
8. BSc (Medical Microbiology) - 8 Semesters: A pass in +2 Science Group with minimum of 50% marks in the optional subject viz. Physics, Chemistry and Biology or equivalent course, recognized by the University of Calicut
9. BSc (Medical Biochemistry) - 8 Semesters: A pass in +2 Science Group with minimum of 50% marks in the optional subject viz. Physics, Chemistry and Biology or equivalent course, recognized by the University of Calicut.
10. BPE (Bachelor of Physical Education) - 3 years: Pass in +2 or Pass in 2 year course in Physical Education after SSLC recognized by Calicut University. Age limit 23 years as on 1st July of the Academic year in which admission is sought.
11. BPEd - 2 Semesters: Any degree or equivalent as recognised by Calicut University and should be below 23 years of age as on 1st July of the Academic Year in which admission is sought. Should be physically fit for daily heavy load of exercises. Relaxation up to 5 years for SC / ST candidates & sports stars in AIU approved Games / Sports (only 3 years performance be considered for relaxation (should be unmarried)
12. MSW - 4 Semesters: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline recognised by the University of Calicut with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Aggregate marks means the total marks obtained for part - I English and part III (main and subsidiary) subjects. For those disciplines, which do not have English, only main and subsidiary marks will be taken into consideration
13 MSc (Clinical Psychology) - 4 Semesters: 50% marks in any Degree of Calicut University or equivalent as recognised by Calicut University
14. MSc (Applied Psychology) - under CCSS - 4 Semesters: Candidates who have opted Psychology as one of the papers in Part III either Main or Sub.
15 MSc (Food Science and Technology) - 4 Semesters: 50% marks in Part III Optional in any BSc Degree and approved by Calicut University with Mathematics as one of the optional subject in +2 or BSc Level.
16 MA (Folklore) - 4 Semesters: Any graduation recognised by UGC / Calicut University with a minimum of 45% marks. Those who are having Post-graduation are also eligible for admission.
17 MCJ - 4 Semesters: Bachelor’s degree of Calicut University or any other University recognised as equivalent by Calicut University with an aggregate of 45% marks. Professional graduates will be considered, if they secure 60% marks in overall subjects. For Back-ward community 43% and SC / ST candidates pass minimum respectively.
18 MBA - 4 Semesters: Any student who has passed any degree of the University of Calicut (including degree programmes of School of Distance Education, University of Calicut) or that of any other University or institute or institution recognized by the UGC or AICTE. Programmes of other universities or institutions shall be in 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+4) under regular stream. In all cases, the student should have passed the degree examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate including the marks of languages if any (without approximation, that is 49.9999% is not eligible since it is less than 50%) is eligible for admission. However, SC/ST, OBC and other eligible communities shall be given relaxation as per University rules.
19 MEd - 2 Semesters: Candidates with 55% in aggregate for BEd degree of Calicut University or any other University recognized. Relaxation in marks for OBC / SC & ST and other OEC candidates as per University admission rules. Teacher candidates from Govt. / Aided Private institutions with a continuous regular service of 5 years and who are still in service will be given a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum for eligibility.
20. BSc Costume and Fashion Designing: Pass in Pre-Degree / Plus two (10+2 pattern) or equivalent examination recognized by the University of Calicut. A pass in Higher Secondary / Technical Higher Secondary/ Vocational Higher Secondary exam of the Kerala state Government is also an eligible qualification.
21. MTech Nano Science and Technology: MSc in Nano Science / Physics / Applied Physics / Material Science / Electronics / Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry / Biosciences with at least Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics one of the subsidiaries at the under graduate level. BE / BTech in Nano Science and Technology / Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Engineering Physics / Metallurgy and Material Engineering / Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering or Technology. A minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination is essential.
22. Master of Hospital Administration (MHA): Pass in any Bachelor Degree of the University of Calicut or institution recognised by the University of Calicut. UGC or AICTE as equivalent to the Bachelor’s Degree. Programmes of other Universities or Institutions under 10+2+3 pattern under regular stream of study with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (without approximation, that is, 49.9999% is not eligible since it is less than 50%) is eligible for admission. SC / ST, OBC and other eligible communities shall be given relaxation as per University rules.
Submission of Application:
1) Applications are to be submitted on line from 10.05.2011 to 31.05.2011 5 pm. through website link: www.universityofcalicut.info
2) Signed print out bearing Passport size Photograph attested by the Gazetted Officer along with (i) the original chalan receipt for having remitted the fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.100/- for SC / ST candidates on the basis of valid community certificate issued by the competent authority) to Calicut University Funds in Calicut University fee counter / Government Treasuries / Designated Branches of SBT / Janasevan Kendra OR Demand Draft (only in the case of out of State candidates) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Calicut payable at SBT Calicut University Branch and (ii) attested copies of certificates as proof of qualifications, age and community should be forwarded to the Head of the Department / Coordinator / Director so as to reach on or before 5 pm. on 31.05.2011.
3) The online Registration ID No. should be written by the candidate on reverse side of the chalan receipt / DD as the case may be. This ID No should also be mentioned by the candidate in all future communications.
4) Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examination can also apply. They have to submit the copies of Mark list to the Head / Director / Co-ordinator, as the case may be, within 6 days of the publication of Calicut University / Government Examination Results in order to finalise the Rank list in stipulated time.
For details, logon to the website link: