Applications have been invited by Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai for admission to the following courses for the Academic Year 2012-13.
1. Integrated MSc - Ph.D in Genomics (2 + 3 years)
2. MSc Microbial Gene Technology (2 years)
3. MSc Biochemical Technology (2 years)
4. MSc Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics (2 years)
5. MSc Electronics and Instrumentation (2 years)
6. MBA - Master of Business Administration (2 years)
7. MBA (Hospital Administration) (2 years)
8. MCA - Master of Computer Applications (3 years)
9. MA Administrative Studies (2 years)
1) Integrated MSc-Ph.D in Genomics
A Bachelor's degree in Science in any branch of Life Sciences- Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biotechnology, or equivalent- Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and Agriculture from any recognized Indian or Foreign University. Students with BTech Degrees in Biotechnology, Computer Science, Information Technology and Bioinformatics, with Biology at +2 level are also eligible to apply.
Note: A minimum of 40% seats will be allocated to candidates from out side Tamilnadu State (Residence and Institution).
2) MSc (Microbial Gene Technology-MGT)
A Bachelor's degree in science courses where Biological Sciences- Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Microbial Technology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Genetics, etc- is either a Major or an Ancillary subject. Students from professional courses such as MBBS, B.VSc, BDS, BPharm, BSc(Agriculture) and related subjects from a recognized Indian or Foreign University are also eligible.
3) MSc (Biochemical Technology-BCT)
A pass in BSc degree in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Genetics / Nutrition and Dietetics / Microbiology / Biology / Botany / Zoology/ Chemistry / Medical Laboratory Technology / Triple major with Biochemistry and allied subjects.
4) MSc (Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics-SAM & TG)
Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in any branch of Life Sciences (Biology / Biochemistry / Botany / Zoology / Marine Biology / Microbiology / Bio-technology) or equivalent of a recognized Indian or Foreign University are eligible. Since the study involves underwater ecology, candidates need to have basic swimming skills.
5) MSc (Electronics & Instrumentation)
A pass in BSc-Physics, Electronics, Applied Science, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation or Computer Science or any other BSc degree with Physics or Electronics as ancillary subject.
6) MBA (Master of Business Administration)
A pass in any Bachelor's degree.
7) MBA (Hospital Administration)
A pass in any Bachelor's degree.
8) MCA (Master of Computer Application)
(i) Graduate in any discipline with Mathematics as compulsory subject at 10+2 level Or
(ii) Graduate in Computer Science / Computer Applications / Software / IT
9) MA (Administrative Studies)
Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 / 10+2+Agri. / Engg. / Medicine) of any university recognized by the UGC.
a) Candidates should have studied under 10+2+3 or 10+1+4 or 10+3+2 pattern.
b) Candidates who are presently pursuing the VIth Semester / IIIrd year (non-Semester) of the UG course without arrears are eligible to apply for PG courses.
c) The candidates should have successfully completed the course at the time of admission.
Prospectus and application form can be downloaded from the following websites:
1. Integrated MSc-Ph.D in Genomics: www.mkuniversity.org & www.genomicsmku.org
2. MSc Microbial Gene Technology: www.mkuniversity.org & www.mgtmku.org
3. MSc Biochemical Technology: www.mkuniversity.org & www.bctmku.org
4. MSc Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics: www.mkuniversity.org
5. MSc Electronics & Instrumentation: www.mkuniversity.org
6. MBA-Master of Business Administration: www.mkuniversity.org
7. MBA (Hospital Administration): www.mkuniversity.org
8. Master of Computer Applications: www.mkuniversity.org
9. MA Administrative Studies: www.mkuniversity.org
Applicants who are willing to apply for more than one course should use separate application form for each course.
A Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University, payable at Madurai towards registration fee as prescribed by the University should be enclosed. SC/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of Registration Fee for only one course.
Registration Fee: Each course - Rs.600/-
Filled-in application should be sent on or before February 6th, 2012 to The Registrar, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalainagar, Madurai - 625021.
(A) The selection of candidates is based on the marks in the Entrance Test conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University and the short-listed candidates will be called for Seminar presentation and Interview conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University at Madurai for the following courses:
1. Integrated MSc Ph-D in Genomics
2. MSc Microbial Gene Technology
3. MSc Biochemical Technology
(B) The selection of candidates is based on the marks in the Entrance Test conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University for the following courses:
1. MSc Sub-Aqua Marine Ecology & Toxicogenomics
2. MSc Electronics and Instrumentation
(C) The selection of candidate is based on the marks in the Entrance Test conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University and the short-listed candidates will be called for Group Discussion & Personal Interview conducted by Madurai Kamaraj University at Madurai for the following courses:
1. MCA - Master of Computer Applications
2. MBA - Master of Business Administration
3. MBA - Hospital Administration
4. MA Administrative Studies
Entrance Test Date: 10.03.2012 & 11.03.2012
The Entrance Tests will be conducted at the following centres:
1. Madurai 5. Kolkata
2. Chennai 6. Mumbai
3. Bangalore 7. New Delhi
4. Hyderabad 8. Thiruvananthapuram
For details, logon to: http://www.mkuniversity.org/AllIndiaProspects2012.doc