National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
West Bengal - India – 713209
Tel: +91 343 2546397; Fax: +91 343 2547375
M.Tech. AND M.Sc. Programmes
Last date of submission of Forms: 25.05.2009
Applications are invited for admission to M.Tech. & M.Sc. Programmes for the academic session 2009 – 2010
Eligibility: A. For Engineering Disciplines:
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Engg./Tecnology in respective branch of Engg or AMIE(I), AMIIM, AMIIChE by examination having two year of professional experience.
B. For Other Disciplines:
- Chemistry (Corrosion Science, & Technology): M.Sc. in Chemistry (Pure/Applied), B.E. or B.Tech. in ChE.
- Mathematics( Operation Research in Industry/ Business Management)[Self-finance or Part-time evening]: B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./ Technology, or M.Sc.( with Mathematics at graduate level), AMIE, AMIM, AMIIChE with two years of professional experience.
- Physics( Advanced Materials Science & Technology): B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology,in Metallurgical & Materials Engg.,Mechanical Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg. or M.Sc.in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science or Electronics.
- For full-time courses, candidates will have to qualify in GATE, conducted by IITs. They shall have to appear for interview/viva-voce for final selection. Unemployed Non-GATE candidates may be considered for admission to the full-time courses subject to the availability of seats but they will not be entitled to scholarship. Non-GATE candidates for full-time courses will be selected through college admission test (written/interview).
- Candidates working in industries and business organisations around Durgapur (within the radius of 20 KMs from the college) fulfilling the above qualifications may also apply for part-time courses. No-objection certificate from their employer will be essential for admission.
Application procedure: Prescribed application form and Information Brochure will be available from the cash counter of the institute from 20.04.2009 on payment of Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST candidates) by DD.
Application form can also be downloaded from the institute's website and can be submitted to the Dean (PG Stuies & Research), Academic Section, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur – 713 209, West Bengal on or before 25.05.2009.