Admissions 2009-10 General ( Last date for submission of Application form 30-04-2009)
P.G. /M.Phil/Ph.D. /P.G. DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM, STATE OF THE ART TEACHING, RESEARCH FACILITIES AND MODERN AMENITIES
• Anthropology • Applied Economics • English & Comparative Literature • French (Translation & Interpretation) • Hindi • History • Mass Communication • Philosophy • Politics & International Relations • Sanskrit • Sociology • South Asian Studies • Tamil.
• Applied Geology • Applied Psychology • Biochemistry & Molecular Biology • Bioinformatics • Biotechnology • Coastal Disaster Management (at Port Blair, Andaman's) • Chemical Science • Computer Science • Ecology and Environmental Sciences • Electronic Media • Food Science and Nutrition • Mathematics • Marine Biology (at Port Blair, Andaman) • Physics • Statistics • Sustainable Development
M.Sc Five year integrated Programme ( A rare opportunity for +2 Students )
• Applied Geology • Chemistry • Computer Science • Mathematics • Physics • Statistics
M.B.A., M.C.A.,M.COM, M.Ed.,MLIS.,M.P.Ed.,M.S.W., M.P.A., M.Tech:
• M.B.A (Banking Technology) • M.B.A (International Business) • M.B.A (Insurance) (Karaikkal Centre) • M.B.A (Tourism) • M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications) (At Puducherry & Karaikal) • M.Com (Business Finance) (At Puducherry & Karaikal) • M.Ed. (Master of Education) • M.L.I.S (Master of Library & Information Science)
• M.P.Ed (Master of Physical Education) • M.S.W. (Master of Social Work) • M.P.A (Master of Performing Arts) • M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering) • M.Tech (Environment Engineering and Management) • M.Tech (Network & Internet Engineering)
PG Diploma PROGRAMMES
• Asian Christian Studies • Functional Hindi & Translation
• Anthropology • Asian Christian Studies • Chemistry • Commerce • Drama & Theatre Arts • Economics • English • Environmental Technology • French • Hindi • History • Mathematics • Politics & International Studies • Philosophy • Physical Education • Physics • Sanskrit • Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy • Social Work • Sociology • Tamil • Tamil (Modern Literature) • Tamil (Religions literature) • Women's Studies
University Departments: • Anthropology • Asian Christian Studies • Banking Technology • Biochemistry & Molecular Biology • Bioinformatics • Biotechnology • Chemistry • Coastal Desaster Management • Commerce • Computer Science & Engineering • Drama & Theatre Arts • Earth Sciences • Economics • Ecology & Environmental Science • English • Environmental Technology • French • Hindi • History • International Business • Politics & International Studies • Management • Marine Biology (at Port Blair, Andaman's) • Mathematics • Philosophy • Physical Education & Sports • Physics • Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy • Sociology • Sanskrit • Tamil • Tourism • Women's Studies
Vector Control Research Centre, Puducherry
• Chemistry *• Microbiology *• Zoology *
Regional Medical Research Centre, Port Blair, Andamans
• Microbiology • Entomology
Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Post Graduate Studies, Puducherry
• Botany • Chemistry • Commerce • Physics • Tamil • Zoology
Pondicherry Engineering College , Puducherry
• Chemistry • Civil Engineering • Computer Science & Engineering • Electrical & Electronics Engineering • Electronics & Communication Engineering • Mathematics • Mechanical Engineering • Physics
Dr.Ambedkar Government Law College Puducherry
*Candidates with CSIR/ICMR etc, fellowships, candidates employed in a research project and permanent employees involed in researh at VCRC alone are eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application form can be submitted through ONLINE (Click here) . Send the hard copy (in A4 size) along with original bank challan for the prescribed fee and the copies of required certificates. The Application Form and Information Brochure can also be obtained through post by writing to "The Deputy Registrar (Academic II) Pondicherry University, R.V. Nagar, Kalapet, Puducherry – 605014" along with prescribed application fee by means of challan (Refer Mode of Payment paragraph) and self addressed envelope of size 32cm x 25 cm, stamped for Rs.90/-. Request for application must be superscribed on the envelope " Request for application form for Admission".
Application Fee : For all courses Rs.100/-, Rs.50/- for SC/ST, Free of Cost for physically and visually challenged candidates subject to submission of relevant certificates.Use separate application form for each programme. The application form can also be obtained from the Pondicherry University Staff Co-operative Credit Society at the University Campus on payment of the the cost of application form plus Rs.10/- as service charge. Refer Information Brouchure for more details.
Mode of Payment : Application fee may be credited at Pondicherry University Account in any of the following banks all over India under Core Banking System: (Click Here for details)
Mode of Selection : Selection will be based on entrance examination
Reservations : Reservations for OBC/SC/ST, Physically Challenged and Puducherry students, will be applicable to the extent indicated in the Information Brochure.
Entrance Examination centres : • Allahabad • Bangalore • Bhopal • Bhubaneswar • Chandigarh • Chennai • Coimbatore • Guwahati • Hyderabad • Karaikkal • Kochi • Kolkata • Lucknow • Madurai • Mumbai • Mysore • New Delhi • Panaji(Goa) • Patna • Port Blair (Andamans) • Puducherry • Shillong • Srinagar • Trichy • Visakhapatnam .
Scholarships: All the full time scholars admitted to the M.Phil and Ph.D programmes of the University will be eligibile for a monthly fellowship of Rs.3000/- and Rs. 5000/- respectively along with contingencies. Scholarships @ Rs.750/- p.m are also available to all students of the M.Sc. Five Year Integrated Programmes. In addition, Merit Scholarships, Merit cum Means Scholarships (including Hindi and Sanskrit Scholarships) and Freeships are available to deserving students of PG degree programmes.
Issue of Application form : 30 March 2009
Last date for issue of Application form by Post : 27 April 2009
Last date for issue of Application form in person : 30 April 2009
Last date for submission of filled in Application form : 30 April 2009
Date of Entrance Examination : 06.06.2009 & 07.06.2009