Post-Doctoral, Postgraduate, Ph.D, MHA, Admissions 2012
MD / MS, MDS, MHA, DM / M.Ch, Ph.D, MSc / MSc MLT, Certificate
Applications in the prescribed form are invited by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh for admission to the following Post-Doctoral, Postgraduate / PhD / MHA Courses of the academic session starting from 1st July 2012.
1. First Year Junior Resident (for MD / MS courses) :
* Com Medicine
* Forensic Medicine
* Int Medicine
* Medical Microbiology
* Nuclear Medicine
* Obstt & Gynae
* Ortho Surgery
* Gen Surgery
* Transfusion Medicine
2. First Year Junior Residents (House Job) for Oral Health Sciences :
(a) Pedontics & Preventive Dentistry
4. Master of Hospital Administration (MHA)
5. DM / M.Ch
* CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
* PAEDIATRIC CRITICAL CARE
* PAEDIATRIC NEUROLOGY
* PULMONARY & CARE MEDICINE
* CLINICAL HEMATOLOGY
* PAEDIATRIC HAEMATO-ONCOLOGY
* NEURO SURGERY
* PAEDIATRIC SURGERY
* PLASTIC SURGERY
* SURGICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY
6. PhD Programme :
Anatomy, Biophysics, Bio Chemsitry, Biophysics, Com Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, Endocrinology, Exp. Medicine & Biotechnology, Forensic Medicine, Haematology, Hepatology, Immunopathology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Cytology & Gynaecopathology, Pediatrics, Parasitology, Psychiatry (Cl. Psychology), Urology, Histopathology, Virology, Gastroenterology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Ophthalmology & Radiodiagnosis, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics.
7. MSc / MSc MLT courses:
* MSc Medical Technology Haematology
* MSc Medical Technology Histopathology
* MSc Medical Technology Cytopathology
* MSc Medical Technology Immunopathology
* MSc Medical Technology Biochemistry
* MSc Medical Technology Microbiology
* MSc Medical Technology Virology
* MSc Medical Technology Parasitology
* MSc Medical Technology Pharmacology
* MSc Medical Technology Experimental Medicine & Biotechnology
* MSc Medical Technology Radiotherapy
* MSc Medical Technology Radiodiagnosis
* MSc Medical Technology Transfusion Medicine
* MSc Respiratory Care
* MSc Biochemistry
* MSc Pharmatology
* MSc Anatology
8. Certificate Courses
* Certificate course in Immunopathology
* Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology
* Post Doctoral Certificate Course in Vascular Neurosurgery
* Post MD Certificate Course in Medical Biotechnology
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DM / MCH COURSES:
A. Age limit as on 1st July 2012 for session starting from July:
* For Open Category : 35 years
* For SC/ST, Ex-Serviceman and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO who have rendered or released on satisfactory assignment (Please attach the proof) : 40 years
* Deputed / Sponsored candidates : No age limit
B. Qualification Requirement:
* For all DM courses except for DM (Clinical Pharmacology, Neuro Radiology, Haematopathology, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Pediatric Neurology) course:
a) MD degree in Medicine or Paediatrics or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Medical Council of India, except as otherwise indicated.
b) Must be registered with the Central / State Medical Registration Council.
* DM (Clinical Pharmacology) course: MD degree in Pharmacology or its equivalent qualification in any clinical subject recognised by the Medical Council of India.
* DM (Neuro Radiology) course : MD degree in Radiology or its equivalent qualification recognised by the
Medical Council of India.
* DM (Haematopathology) course : MD degree in Pathology or equivalent degree.
* DM (Cardiac-Anaesthesia) course : MD degree in Anesthesia or equivalent degree.
* DM (Pediatric-Neurology) course : MD degree in Pediatrics or equivalent degree.
* MCh courses : MS degree in General Surgery or its equivalent qualification recognised by Medical Council of India.
* MCh (Plastic Surgery) Courses:
a) MS degree in General Surgery / MS (ENT) / MS (Orthopedics.) or its equivalent qualification recognised by Medical Council of India.
b) Must be registered with the Central / State Medical Registration Council.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR PhD COURSES:
MBBS with minimum 55% aggregate marks or MD / MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. The candidates who have made more than one attempt during their MBBS / MD / MS course are not eligible. However, those belonging to Scheduled Castes / Tribes with upto two attempts in their MBBS / MD / MS course will be eligible.
Eligibility for Non Medical / Social Behavioural Sciences:
The candidates with the following qualifications will be eligible:
a) The candidates who have passed MSc / MA or its equivalent examination with at least 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below from colleges / institutes recognized by the UGC / Panjab University are eligible
b) Have qualified NET examination (with fellowship only) conduct by UGC, Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination conducted by ICMR / CSIR etc (within two years only). Attested copy of the result must be attached.
A degree of Master of Sciences (MSc) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or MSc (Laboratory Technology) or MSc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Human Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & MSc (Human Genomics).
Social Behavioural Sciences:
The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences. Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Nursing, Nutrition, Child Development.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR MD / MS / MHA COURSES:
To be eligible for admission to MD / MS / MHA course a candidate must possess the following qualifications;
a) MBBS passed or its equivalent qualification from a University / Institute recognized by Medical Council of India with not more than one attempt made during MBBS course. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Tribes with upto two attempts during MBBS course will be eligible.
b) Must have either completed or due to complete one year internship (rotatory housemanship) training by 30th June / 31st December for July and January session respectively.
c) Must be registered with Central / State Medical Registration Council.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR MDS / HOUSE JOB (ORAL HEALTH SCIENCES):
For admission to 1st year Junior Residency for MDS and House Job (Oral Health Sciences) course, a candidate is required to possess the following qualifications :
a) Degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) of Panjab University or any other University recognized by the Syndicate of the Panjab University as equivalent thereto with not more than one failure during BDS career. However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Tribes who have two failures during BDS
career will be eligible.
b) Must have either completed or due to complete compulsory paid rotating internship on 30th June/31st December for July and January session respectively.
c) Must be registered with the Central State Dental Registration Council.
ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION TO MASTER IN HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION (MHA) COURSES:
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must possess / fulfill the Following qualification / requirements :
1. MBBS or its equivalent degree from a University /Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India with three years experience after passing MBBS examination. OR
2. Should have worked in State Medical Services, Armed Forces Medical Services or other equivalent services for a period of five years or in a hospital which is approved for purposes of undergoing the compulsory rotating internship or in a command hospital, failing which the aforesaid period of five years whould be increased to seven years. Provided that In case of services in Armed Forces, this aforesaid period of five years shall be in addition to one year or compulsory rotating internship required for purposes of obtaining the MBBS degree and full degree and full registration. OR
3. Should have worked as Medical Superintendent / Deputy Medical Superintendent in a Civil or Military Hospital for one year. The posts mentioned imply that the candidate would have fulfilled the requirements of above clause as he/she would have completed five years in the State Medical Services etc.)
The candidates may apply in the form downloadable at http://pgimer.nic.in together with requisite fee by Challan in the name of Director, PGI through Account 32211613319
Application fee is Rs.1000/- for GENERAL/OBC/OPH category and Rs.800/- for SC/ST.
The application, complete in all respects accompanied with all the relevant documents should reach the Registrar, PGI, Sector-12, Chandigarh on or before the closing date.
Last Date for submission of Applications is 09-04-2012 (upto 4.00 PM).
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION SCHEDULE :
1. MD / MS : 27-05-2012
2. House job (OHS) : 06-06-2012
3. DM / M.Ch / MHA : 14.06.2012
4. PhD : 04-07-2012
5. MPh / MSc / MLT : 21.06.2012
6. MSc (Pharma / Biochemistry / Biotech / Anatomy : 10-07-2012
For details, logon to : http://pgimer.nic.in