PhD Admissions 2012
Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Trivandrum from eligible candidates for admission to the PhD Programme starting in May 2012, in the areas of Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics and Physics.
Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree in the relevant area with first class or equivalent. Candidates with Masters degree in basic science subjects and Humanities must be NET qualified (JRF) to be considered for the PhD programme.
Age Limit: Applicant should be below 28 years as on 30th March 2012. Age relaxation applicable as per Govt. Rules.
Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian citizen..
1. The Scholars selected for IIST PhD programme will be given a fellowship of Rs. 16,000 / Rs. 18,000 for the first two years based on the qualifications.
2. After two years of research experience, their performance will be evaluated by a review committee constituted by Director IIST. Based on the review, the fellowship amount may be enhanced to Rs. 18,000 / Rs. 20,000 respectively.
3. The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in academic activities as and when required.
4. The scholars will have to pay tuition / registration fee and fee for the boarding / lodging / medical facilities etc., as per IIST rules.
1. Applications in the prescribed format will be received till 30 March, 2012.
2. Candidates will be short-listed based on Academic records and other relevant criteria like research experience, National Eligibility Tests, etc.
3. Selection will be based on a written test followed by an interview.
4. List of shortlisted candidates for written test and the dates of written test / interview will be displayed in IIST website by 1st week of April 2012.
5. All short-listed candidates will be required to appear for a written test in their relevant areas.
6. Written test of two hours' duration will be conducted at IIST, Trivandrum during 4th week of April 2012.
7. The written test will aim to evaluate the candidates' basic understanding of the relevant subject area. The test may contain both descriptive and objective questions.
8. Candidates qualified in the written test will be required to appear for an interview the following day.
9. Selected candidates will be intimated within a week of the final interview. Results will also be displayed in IIST website.
10. Outstation candidates will be paid to and fro sleeper class train fare by shortest route, or actual fare (whichever is less) for attending the test / interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Application forms can be downloaded from : www.iist.ac.in
2. Duly filled-in application form along with attested copies of documents mentioned in the application form should be sent to The Administrative Officer , IIST, Valiamala Post, Thiruvananthapuram - 695547 with the superscription "Application for IIST PhD Programme-May 2012".
3. Application form should be accompanied by a fee of Rs. 250/- (Rs. 125/- for ST / SC candidates) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Registrar, IIST payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
4. Last date for receipt of application form : 30 March, 2012
For more details, logon to : http://www.iist.ac.in/admission/ph-d/admissions-may-2012