DISTRICT BIRBHUM, WEST BENGAL
Admission Notification: 2012 – 2013
Applications on prescribed form are invited for admission to the following courses of the University for the academic session 2012-2013.
BHASHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF LANGUAGES, LITERATURE AND CULTURE) (Code: 01)
1. Two year M.A. Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Persian; Japanese.
2. Two year M.A. Course in Functional Hindi (Translation)
3. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali.
4. Four year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Persian; Tibetan; Chinese; Japanese preceded by one year preparatory course.
5. Three year B.A. Course in Functional Hindi (Vocational).
VIDYA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES) (Code: 02)
1. Two year M. A. Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass Communication and M.A./M.Sc. Course in Anthropology.
2. Three year B.A. (Honours) Courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics.
SIKSHA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE) (Code: 03)
1. Two year M. Sc. Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics;
Environmental Science; Computer Science and Biotechnology.
2. Three year B. Sc.(Honours) Courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany;
Statistics; Computer Science.
3. Five-Year Integrated M. Sc. Course in Physical Science
SANGIT-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF MUSIC, DANCE & DRAMA) (Code: 04)
1. Two year M. Mus. Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal);
Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/ Esraj /Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
2. Three year B.Mus. (Honours) Courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar/Esraj/Tabla/Pakhawaj); Kathakali Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts.
KALA-BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF FINE ARTS) (Code: 05)
1. Two year M. Fine Arts (MFA)/ Advanced Diploma Courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for M.F.A.).2. Four year B. Fine Arts (Honours) (B.F.A)/ Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for B.F.A.(Hons.)].
3. Two year Certificate Course in Design.
4. Bridge Course (leading to M.F.A.) in History of Art Course (three year [one year Bridge course
+ two year regular course]) for students from other than Fine Arts discipline.
5. One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art.
PALLI-SAMGATHANA VIBHAGA (INSTITUTE OF RURAL RECONSTRUCTION)
1. Two year M.A. Course in Rural Development
2. Two year M.S.W. Course
3. Three year B.S.W. (Honours) Course
4. Four year B. Des. Course (Fee Rs.5000.00 per semester)
5. Two-year Certificate Course in (i) Hand-made Paper Making (ii) Artistic Leather Craft (iii) Batik Work (iv) Handloom Weaving (v) Pottery (vi) Wood Work
6. Short term casual courses in Craft
(i) Batik & Bandhni (ii) Clay Jewellary (iii) Ceramic Table-ware (iv) Ceramic Tiles (v) Creative Weaving (Tapestry & Hobby loom) (vi) Dyeing and Printing (vii) Glazing and Firing (viii) Hand-made Paper crafts (ix) Leather crafts (x) Natural Dyes (xi) Raku crafts (xii) Wooden Toy Making (xiii) Wooden Table-ware (xiv) Wooden Jewellary (xv) Wood Carving (xvi) Wood Turning (xvii) Book Binding
Duration of each course: 8 weeks to 20 weeks depending upon the subject requirement.
PALLI SIKSHA BHAVANA (INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURE) (Code: 07)
1. Two year M. Sc. (Ag.) Courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture.
2. Four year B.Sc. (Ag.) Honours Course.
VINAYA-BHAVANA ( INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION ) (Code: 08)
1. Two year M.A. in Education Course.
2. Three year B.A. / B. Sc. (Honours) in Physical Education Course
3. One year B. P. Ed. Course
4. Two year M. P. Ed Course
Notes: 1. Details of each course, eligibility criteria etc. are available in the admission kits (Prospectus and Application Form) from the designated branches of United Bank of India listed below and also in the University website: www.visva-bharati.ac.in
2. There will be an all-India Admission Test for all B.A. (Honours) and Preparatory courses (except for three years Honours courses in Santali, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian under Bhasha-Bhavana), all B.Sc. (Honours) courses under Siksha-Bhavana and the B.Sc. (Ag.) Honours course under Palli-Siksha Bhavana at centres in the following cities: Santiniketan, Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, Siliguri, Burdwan, Baharampur, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Patna, Guwahati, Allahabad, Raipur, Chennai, Mumbai ,New Delhi and Agartala. The test will be held on Sunday, 13th May 2012 at the above cities/towns. The locations of the test centers will be available in the Admit Card which is to be downloaded from the university website:
3. Admission Tests for all other courses will be held at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, West Bengal.4. Reservation of seats: In each course, admission of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH) and Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates will be governed as per rules of the Government of India.
5. Application fee: Rs.140/- for SC/ST candidates and Rs.400/- for all other candidates.
6. How to apply. (i) In person: Prescribed application form and Prospectus (admission kits) may be obtained in person from the under-mentioned designated branches of the ‘United Bank of India’ (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee.
Designated branches of UBI for issue of Application Forms and Information Brochure:
West Bengal: Kolkata - (1) Old Court House Street, (2) Shyambazar, (3) Gariahat, (4) Behala, (5) Bidhannagar (Salt Lake City), (6) Burdwan, (7) Durgapur (City Centre), (8) Asansol, (9) Malda, (10) Cooch Behar, (11) Jalpaiguri, (12) Darjeeling, (13) Siliguri, (14) Raiganj, (15) Balurghat, (16) Berhampur, (17) Suri, (18) Bolpur (Bhubandanga), (19) Rampurhat, (20) Bankura, (21) Purulia, (22) Raghunathpur, (23) Medinipur, (24) Contai, (25) Jhargram, (26) Tamluk, (27) Howrah, (28) Chinsurah, (29) Srirampore, (30) Krishnanagar, (31) Barasat, (32) Barrackpore, (33) Baruipur, (34) Diamond Harbour, Bihar: (35) Patna, Jharkhand: (36) Ranchi, Orissa: (37) Bhubaneswar, Sikkim: (38) Gangtok, Assam: (39) Guwahati, Tripura: (40) Agartala, Manipur: (41) Imphal, Nagaland: (42) Kohima, Arunachal Pradesh: (43) Itanagar, Meghalaya: (44) Shillong, New Delhi: (45) Connaught Circus, Jammu & Kashmir: (46) Srinagar, (47) Jammu, Punjab, Hariyana, Chandigarh: (48) Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh: (49) Simla, Uttaranchal: (50) Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh: (51) Lucknow, Rajasthan: (52) Jaipur, Gujarat: (53) Ahmedabad, Maharashtra:(54) Pune, (55) Mumbai, Goa: (56) Panaji, Madhya Pradesh: (57) Bhopal, Chhattisgarh: (58) Raipur, Kerala: (59) Trivandrum, Tamil Nadu: (60) Madras, Andhra Pradesh: (61) Hyderabad, Karnataka: (62) Bangalore, Pondicherry: (63) Pondicherry, Andaman and Nicobar Island: (64) Port Blair (Junglighat).
(ii) Online Applications on Website: Application forms, details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available on the university website– www.visva-bharati.ac.in . The application fee may be paid to the “VISVA-BHARATI ADMISSION COORDINATION CELL” account (No. 0826050005012) in any branch of UBI. The on line application form may be properly filled in incorporating the transaction ID Number and submitted by clicking the “submit” link. A printed copy of the filled-in form duly signed by the candidate must be sent to the address of the office of the Admission Coordination Cell, Visva-Bharati mentioned below within the stipulated date along with the counterfoil of the bank deposit voucher in original (a photocopy of which may be preserved by the candidate) and a recent passport-size
photograph pasted on the application form.
Prospective candidates are advised to visit our website at regular intervals for updates.
7. Submission of application forms: Candidates willing to apply for more than one course/stream are advised to go through the Prospectus carefully. Instructions for filling up the form and other details are given in the Prospectus. Completed application forms may be submitted personally or by Speedpost so as to reach the designated office within the stipulated deadline positively.
8. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. Rights of cancellation or
selection/admission lie with the Admission Committee of the Institute concerned. The University reserves the right to limit the number of eligible applicants to be called for admission test. All matters of dispute shall be taken under the jurisdiction of the S D J M’s Court, Bolpur, District Birbhum, West Bengal.
9. Important Dates Issue of Application Form: March 15, 2012
Deadline for Submission of Application Form: April 15, 2012
Date of Admission Test: May 13, 2012
10. Visva-Bharati remains open on Sundays and fully closed on Wednesdays. On Tuesdays the university office is open till 1:30 P.M.