Self-Financing Courses Admissions 2011-2012
Applications have been invited by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala for admission to the Self-Financing Courses of Academic Year 2011-12.
Name of the School, Course, Eligibility (in Italics) are given below:
A. University College of Medical Education (Main Centre: 0481-2598356, 2596831)
(Centres at Gandhinagar Kottayam, Puthuppally, Cheruvandoor, Pala, Manimalakkunnu, Thevara, Angamaly, Pathanamthitta and Nedumkandom)
*1. BSc Nursing
*2. BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)
*3. BSc MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology)
Eligibility for courses 1 to 3 Plus Two with50% marks in Biology separately &50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
4. BSc Medical Microbiology
5. BSc MRT (Medical Radiological Technology)
Eligibility for courses 4 & 5 Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (50% marks)
6. Post Basic BSc Degree in Nursing (2 years)
Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 3 year Diploma in Nursing (RNRM) approved by the INC and KNC and one year experience after registration in Nursing. Weightage of marks will be given for approved professional experience.
*7. BPharm (4 years) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics / Biotechnology / Comp. Science separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics / Biotechnology / Comp .Science put together. Lateral entry to the second year - DPharm approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India. 50% marks in DPharm ER 91 scheme
8. MSc Nursing (i) Obstetrics & Gynecological Nursing (ii) Medical Surgical (iii) Community Health (iv) Child Health (v) Mental Health (2 years)
Minimum 55% aggregate marks in regular BSc Nursing of M.G University or equivalent degree from an Institution / University recognized by INC / KNC and registered with KNC and should have one year work experience.
9. MPT (Master of Physiotherapy) (4 Semesters): BPT with 50% marks.
10. MSc Medical Anatomy (3 years) second class BSc Degree in Zoology or any of the following Para Medical Sciences-BSc Nursing, BSc Medical Microbiology, BMRT, BPT and BSc MLT. 10% Weightage will be given to Post Graduate qualification like MSc Zoology, BEd Natural Science etc. 2 seats are reserved for Medical Graduates (MBBS,BDS,BHMS,BAMS). In case of absence of such candidates the seats will be allotted to general merit candidates.
11. MSc Medical Bio-Chemistry (6 semesters)
Any one of the following degrees with at least 50% marks in the science subjects. (a) BSc in Medical Biochemistry / Medical Laboratory Technology/Medical Microbiology / Medical Genetics (b) BSc in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Genetics / Bioinformatics (c) BSc in Zoology / Botany with Biochemistry / Chemistry as a subsidiary (d) BSc in Chemistry with Biological Sciences at the Plus Two level (e) any other Bachelor Degree in Biomedical sciences / Health sciences / Life Sciences with Bio chemistry as one of the subjects (f) any other Degree approved as equivalent thereto by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
12. M. Applied Science (Medical Documentation) (4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks in optionals.
13. M. Applied Science (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) (4 Semesters)
BSc in Maths / Physics / Computer Science / Computer Application / Electronics as Main or Subsidiary / BMRT ( 50% marks).
14. MSc (Medical Microbiology) (2 years) 4 year: BSc Medical Microbiology with 50% marks.
15. MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) (4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
16. MPH (Master of Public Health) (4 Semesters): Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
17. MPharm i. Pharmaceutics ii. Pharmacognosy iii) Pharmacology (iv) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (4 Semesters): BPharm Degree of M.G University or recognized as equivalent, with not less than 60% marks for all the four years of the BPharm Exam taken together from an institution recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of India.
For courses 1,2,3 ,7& 8 admission to the 50% seats will be from the rank list prepared by UCME based on the marks of the qualifying examination. Allotment to the 50% seats will be made from the Government list.
B. University College of Applied Sciences (Main Office 0481-2392928)
(Centres at Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam)
18. BSc Computer Science (6 Semesters)
Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Maths, Physics and Chemistry. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
19. BSc Electronics with Computer Hardware (6 Semesters)
Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Maths, Physics and Chemistry. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible. (Admission to courses 18&19-(90% seats will be through CAP). Application now invited for NRI seats only)
20. MSc Computer Science (4 semesters)
BSc degree in Maths/Computer Science/Electronics as one of the subjects (main or sub) Or BCA/B Tech degree with not less than 55% marks in Optional subjects
21. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (6 Semesters)
A pass in any recognized degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths in 10+2 level or a pass in any recognized bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths / Statistics as one of the subjects or a pass in BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized University.
22. MSc ITCC (Information Technology & Computer Communication) (4 Semesters)
BSc IT / BCA / BSc Degree with Maths / Computer Science / Statistics as one of the subject with 55% marks. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
23. MSc Applied Electronics (4 Semesters)
BSc Degree in Electronics / Computer Science / Physics with 50% marks excluding languages.
24. MSc Computer Engineering and Network Technology (4 Semesters)
BSc Degree with Maths / Statistics / Computer Science as one of the subjects or BSc IT / BTech / BCA / BSc (Computer / Electronics) degree with 50% marks.
C. University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha (04862-256222, 2535753)
25. BTech in Computer Science & Engineering
26. BTech in Polymer Engineering
27. BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
28. BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
29. BTech in Information Technology (8 Semesters),
Eligibility: As per Govt. Rules
30. MTech Applied Electronics (4 semesters)
BTech degree in Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Comm.Engg / Applied Electronics Engg / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent.
D. Department of Communication and Journalism (Centre at University Campus) (0481-2732570)
31. MCJ (Master of Communication and Journalism) (4 Semesters): 45% marks in any degree.
32. BLISc (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters): 45% marks in any degree.
33. MLISc (Master of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters): 45% marks for BLISc
F. University College of Applied Life Sciences, Pathanamthitta (0468-2323957)
34. MSc Fishery Biology and Aquaculture (4 Semesters).
Degree in Zoology / Botany / Chemistry with Zoology as a Subsidiary subject or BFSc or BSc Aquaculture or any other equivalent degree with 55% marks in the optional subjects.
35. MPhil Fishery Biology and Aquaculture
MSc Degree in Fishery Biology and Aquaculture/Aquatic Biology and Fisheries / Zoology / Fishery Science / Aquaculture / Industrial Fisheries with 55 % marks.
The application and prospectus of self-financing admission 2011-2012 will be available in the website www.mgu.ac.in
The applicants can download the application forms and prospectus from the above site.
The applicant has to remit Rs.400/-as Registration Fee (for SC / ST candidates Rs.200/-) which enable the aspirant to apply for a maximum of 3 courses in a School. The fee has to be remitted by way of Demand Draft in favour of the Finance Officer, M G University, Priyadarsini Hills.P O, Athirampuzha, Kottayam payable at SBT, MG University Campus branch.
One form is enough to apply for all UG courses from 1 to 7 at University College of Medical Education.
Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examinations can also apply. Reservation, Concession based on income and community will be allowed according to the rules of the University/Government.
Dates to be remember:
i) Application forms of all the courses will be available from: 23.05.2011
ii) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for UG courses at UCME&UCAS: 08.06.2011
iii) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for PG courses: 16.07.2011
iv) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for courses under DLIS &UCALS: 30.07.2011
v) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for MTech (AE) course at UCE: 30.07.2011
vi) Date of admission for B Tech NRI seats at UCE: 08.06.2011
For further details, visit the website: http://www.mgu.ac.in/files/sf-notific.pdf