MBBS Admissions 2012
JSS MEDICAL COLLEGE, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysore - 570 015, Karnataka has invited applications for admission to MBBS Courses of Academic Year 2012 through JSSU-UGET - 2012 scheduled to be conducted on May 26, 2012 at various centers.
1) The candidate seeking admission to UG Medical (MBBS) courses should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination 10+2 / PUC II / HSC or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or any other examination equivalent to 10+2/ HSC examination of any recognized Board / University from any School / Colleges in India / Abroad after 12 years of study. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject. Those who have passed the prescribed qualifying examination earlier than March / April 2010 are not eligible to apply.
2) The General Merit Candidate should have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Medical Council of India (MCI) norms the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in PCB, Further they must secure not less than 50% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSSU - UGET-2012).
3) The SC, ST, OBC and CAT - I Candidate should have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Medical Council of India (MCI) norms the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 40% of marks taken together in PCB, further they must secure not less than 40% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSSU - UGET-2012).
4) Age: The candidate should complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the MBBS course. (31.12.2012)
5) Candidates who are likely to appear or who have appeared for qualifying examination i.e. PUC-II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent but whose results have not been declared will also be considered to appear for JSSU-UGET-2012, However it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the HSC/10+2/PUC marks card copy is sent to the University specifying the TAT No. (Test Admission Ticket Number) on or before 07.06.2012
Application forms can be downloaded from the link:
The application downloaded should be accompanied by a DD for Rs. 2,000/- drawn in favour of 'JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT, Mysore' payable at Mysore.
Candidates may also obtain the application form along with the Brochure by sending application fee of Rs. 200/- only by way of DD favouring 'JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT', MYSORE, payable at Mysore. The duly filled application form should be sent to the University along with documents listed below enclosing DD for Rs. 2,000/- favouring 'JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT', MYSORE, payable at Mysore.
Attested copies of the following documents have to be enclosed along with the application form and kindly arrange the documents in the following order:
1. SSLC / Equivalent examination marks card.
2. PUC / Equivalent examination marks card / Proof of having appeared the PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent examination.
3. Marks cards of BSc / Equivalent examination of all the three years (in case of graduates)
4. Conduct / Character and Transfer certificate issued by the college last studied.
5. Date of birth certificate if not mentioned in the SSLC/Equivalent examination marks card.
6. Caste / community certificate
7. Transfer certificate for Karnataka board candidates.
8. Migration Certificate issued by the Board /University in case of candidates other than Karnataka State education board.
9. Six recent, identical passport-size colour photographs with name and date.( In addition one copy of the photo should be pasted on the application form in the space provided)
10. Foreign Nationals seeking admission should obtain eligibility certificate issued by JSS University, Mysore.
11. Processing fee of Rs. 2,000/- only by way of DD favouring 'JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT', MYSORE, payable at Mysore. The candidate should write name, address and 'Application for admission to MBBS courses' on the back side of the Demand Draft.
The completed application with requisite documents as detailed above should be enclosed in an envelope super scribed clearly on the outside of the envelope 'APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO UG MBBS COURSES' and sent to the under mentioned so as to reach before 5:00 pm on 07.05.2012, either by speed post, courier or by hand:
The Registrar, JSS University, JSS Medical Institutions Campus, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagar, Mysore - 570 015, Karnataka
Examination Centres: Mysore; Bangalore; Chennai; Noida
The examination will be conducted at the different cities in the designated examination centers between 2 pm to 5 pm on 26.05.2012.
Date for receipt of filled application form for registration by JSS University by post: 07.05.2012
Last Date for receipt of filled application form for registration in the JSS University in person: 07.05.2012
Date of Entrance Test: 26.05.2012 (Saturday)
Announcement of test result / Score: 11.06.2012
Date of counselling (Provisional Date): 04.07.2012
Commencement of Academic session: 01.08.2012
For details, log on to the link: